A fun and tasty snack or lunch recipe, these Pizza Kabobs are super easy, tasty and perfect for kids and adults alike!
A FUN PIZZA WORK OR SCHOOL LUNCH
I love hand held snack foods. They are easy to serve and these Pizza Kabobs couldn't get much easier to make. These kabobs are a fun twist on pizza but in an easier to eat form without any oven involved. We make these often during the year and they are great to eat at home, at parties or to send to school with your kids. They are really light and are amazing when dipped in the pizza sauce which really completes this Pizza Kabob recipe.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
You can use any size or brand of pizza crust you can find. Boboli is a popular brand. I used a pack of the smaller ones. Just make sure that they are fully baked. They are in vacuum sealed bags and you can usually find them down the pasta aisle of your grocery store near the pizza toppings and pizza sauce. You could even use a cauliflower pizza crust!
You sure can. Some other options would be pita or naan bread. You could even cut up some smaller bites of Italian bread. It's very easy to customize this recipe to your tastes.
No. I like the additional flavor it adds but you can grab a ball of fresh mozzarella and cut it into pieces or just purchase some mozzarella cheese sticks and cut them up into thirds.
Some of our favorites include: pizza sauce, pesto, ranch dressing, marinara sauce and garlic butter.
If you don't enjoy basil, you can just leave it out. I love the color and flavor that it adds to the kabobs. However, you could substitute with baby spinach or another soft green leaf vegetable.
If you are sending these to school with your younger kids, be sure to use blunt skewers only. These bamboo skewers at Amazon are what you want to look for (not an affiliate link). Otherwise, you can just go with a traditional cocktail skewer.
These can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1-2 days. The basil will begin to wilt though. I don't recommend freezing.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- small pre-made pizza crusts
- marinated mozzarella balls
- pepperoni slices
- fresh basil leaves
- pizza sauce
- food grade wooden skewers
HOW TO MAKE PIZZA KABOBS:
Slice each pizza crust into thirds, then slice those slices into thirds again creating pizza crust squares.
Position the crust on one side of the skewer.
Add a pepperoni slice, mozzarella ball and basil and continue the pattern until the skewer is full.
Serve with pizza sauce for dipping.
WANT MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES? YOU MUST TRY THESE!
- 4-6 small pre-made pizza crusts (like Boboli)
- 8 ounce container marinated mozzarella balls
- 4 ounce package pepperoni
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- Slice each pizza crust into thirds, then slice those slices into thirds again creating pizza crust squares.
- Position the crust on one side of the skewer.
- Add a pepperoni slice, mozzarella ball and basil and continue the pattern until the skewer is full.
- Serve with pizza sauce for dipping.
- If sending to school with younger children, use only blunt ended skewers.
- Pre-made Cauliflower Crusts can also be used.
- Use other dipping sauces such as marinara, pesto and ranch.
- If you can't find mozzarella balls you can cut up a large fresh mozzarella ball instead or use mozzarella cheese sticks (cut into thirds).
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.