Don’t judge a book by its cover
And don’t judge a dessert by its outward appearance. Seriously. This No Bake Strawberry Dessert is one of those ugly desserts. It really is. But it sure does taste good! No baking required! Only five ingredients! You can’t beat that.
No Bake Strawberry Dessert
It’s also not a really heavy dessert so it’s kinda perfect after a heavy meal. Everyone loves this stuff. A lot of folks call it “The Pink Stuff.” 🙂 Whatever you call it – I know you will call it good!
1 (13 oz) store-bought angel food cake
1 (6 oz) box strawberry Jell-O
2 cups boiling water
1 (24 oz) container frozen strawberries with sugar, thawed
1 (8 oz) tub COOL WHIP, thawed
Place half of the angel food cake pieces into the bottom of the 9×13 baking dish.
- 1 13 oz store-bought angel food cake
- 1 6 oz box strawberry Jell-O
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 24 oz container frozen strawberries with sugar thawed
- 1 8 oz tub COOL WHIP thawed
- Cut angel food cake into bite-sized (1-inch) pieces. Place half of the angel food cake pieces into the bottom of the 9x13 baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together strawberry Jell-O with boiling water. Stir until no longer grainy. Stir in strawberries until combined.
- Whisk in COOL WHIP to strawberry mixture until combined well (it will be a little lumpy.)
- Spoon half the strawberry mixture over angel food cake pieces.
- Layer with the other half of angel food cake pieces.
- Pour the rest of the strawberry mixture on top. Spread to cover evenly.
- Cover and place into the refrigerator at least two hours to cool.
- Scoop small servings into bowls and top with a fresh strawberry.