With only five ingredients, these Cream Cheese Sausage Stuffed Biscuits are an easy and delicious snack, appetizer or party food!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by IOWA PORK PRODUCERS. All opinions and text are my own.
CREAM CHEESE SAUSAGE STUFFED BISCUITS
This recipe for Cream Cheese Sausage Stuffed Biscuits is one of those meals that can be made for breakfast, as an appetizer, a brunch treat, a party food or as part of a main meal. It really is that versatile! It’s a family favorite and once you make it, you will keep on making it because everyone will love them!
SUPPORTING AMERICAN FAMILY FARMS
Did you know that one-third of all the pork raised in the U.S. comes from Iowa? Most of the pork raised on those Iowa family farms is eaten right here in the United States! So, when you buy pork at any grocery store across the United States, you are supporting family farms in Iowa and around the country. Family farms are the back bone (of pork production).
As I have traveled and visited America’s pork farmers, I have learned that they share the same values that I do as a consumer:
- Both of us care about the environment.
Farmers really do care about protecting our natural resources and leaving this land better than they found it. They consult with experts to constantly evaluate the health of the land, the air and the animals.
- Both of us want animals to be taken care of properly.
Taking care of pigs means being aware of their needs 24/7 to ensure comfort and health — not just because it’s a farmer’s livelihood, but because it’s the right thing to do.
- Both of us care about people.
Raising pigs creates new opportunities for rural farming families and businesses and for keeping America’s rural communities thriving. But, America’s farmers aren’t doing things the way they used to because they’re always trying to do better by evaluating new advances in science and technology and using hard data to understand what works and what doesn’t.
- Pork is key to a Healthy, Balanced Diet
For decades, America’s pig farmers have worked closely with their team of pig health professionals reviewing and researching what pigs eat and how they are raised and bred to develop leaner, higher quality pork foods that people continue to prefer. Because of this dedication to quality and continuous improvement, it comes as no surprise that pork has consistently been the number one protein enjoyed worldwide
VIDEO INCLUDED BELOW:
TIPS FOR MAKING THESE DELICIOUS STUFFED BISCUITS:
- Use any flavor of ground pork sausage that your family loves. Try switching it up with a spicy pork sausage, Italian pork sausage or even a sage pork sausage. They will all work with this recipe.
- Any type of refrigerated biscuit will work with this recipe. I just go with a standard buttermilk biscuit but it also works with the flaky layers biscuits as well.
- Use your favorite cheese in this recipe. I like the little kick that you get from using pepper jack cheese but cheddar and Colby jack cheeses are wonderful too!
- These freeze well so go ahead and make extra to have for later!
1 lb. ground pork sausage
1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese, softened to room temperature
1 packet ranch seasoning
2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
2 (6 oz) cans buttermilk biscuits
HOW TO MAKE CREAM CHEESE SAUSAGE STUFFED BISCUITS (STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS):
Preheat oven to 375F degrees. Spray a muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray (or use two smaller ones.) Cook and crumble sausage in a large skillet over medium heat until cooked. Drain any excess grease.
In a large bowl, combine cooked sausage, softened cream cheese, ranch seasoning and shredded pepper jack cheese.Open cans of biscuits and place a biscuit into the bottoms of the muffin tin. Spread out to make sure it fully covers the bottom.Evenly scoop sausage mixture on top of each biscuit.Bake for about 12-15 minutes until the biscuits are done and turn a golden brown color.
CRAVING MORE AMAZING PORK RECIPES? GIVE THESE A TRY!
3-INGREDIENT PUFF PASTRY SAUSAGE ROLLS
INSTANT POT PORK CHILI
INSTANT POT PULLED PORK BBQ
INSTANT POT COUNTRY STYLE RIBS
HOW TO GRILL THE BEST PORK RIBS
CHEESY ITALIAN GRINDER DIP
EASY BEEF & POTATO HAND PIES
SAUSAGE STUFFED CRESCENT RING
CREAM CHEESE SAUSAGE STUFFED BISCUITS
- 1 lb ground pork sausage
- 1 (8 oz) block cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1 packet Ranch dressing mix/seasoning
- 2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- 2 (6 oz) cans refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- Preheat oven to 375f degrees. Spray a muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray (or use two smaller ones.)
- Cook and crumble sausage in a large skillet over medium heat until cooked. Drain any excess grease.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked sausage, softened cream cheese, ranch seasoning and shredded pepper jack cheese.
- Open cans of biscuits and place a biscuit into the bottoms of the muffin tin. Spread out to make sure it fully covers the bottom.
- Evenly scoop sausage mixture on top of each biscuit.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes until the biscuits are done and turn a golden brown color.