Cream Cheese Mints
- 4 oz (1/2 block) cream cheese softened
- 1/4 tsp mint extract
- 2-3 drops red food color
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- granulated sugar
- Using an electric or stand mixer, combine softened cream cheese with mint extract and food coloring. Beat until smooth and creamy (adding more food color, if necessary).
- Slowly begin to add powdered sugar.
- Keep mixer on low to keep the powdered sugar from flying everywhere.
- Once you've added the powdered sugar, and your mixture is crumbly, you'll need to add some milk.
- Add just one tablespoon at a time to get the right consistency. Mixture should be smooth but very stiff.
- Once it starts to pull away from the sides of the bowl, you are good to go.
- To make the mints, take about a teaspoon of the mixture and roll into a ball.
- Then, using the palm of your hand, gently smoosh down the ball until it's flattened to about a 1/4" thick.
- Then press the back of a fork lightly on the mints to form ridges.
- Roll each mint in granulated sugar and then pop them in the refrigerator to cool and harden.
- Once cooled, they are ready to eat!