Cream Cheese Mints
- 4 oz (1/2 block) cream cheese softened
- 1/4 tsp mint extract
- 2-3 drops red food color
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- granulated sugar
Using an electric or stand mixer, combine softened cream cheese with mint extract and food coloring. Beat until smooth and creamy (adding more food color, if necessary).
- Slowly begin to add powdered sugar.
- Keep mixer on low to keep the powdered sugar from flying everywhere.
Once you've added the powdered sugar, and your mixture is crumbly, you'll need to add some milk.
Add just one tablespoon at a time to get the right consistency. Mixture should be smooth but very stiff.
- Once it starts to pull away from the sides of the bowl, you are good to go.
To make the mints, take about a teaspoon of the mixture and roll into a ball.
- Then, using the palm of your hand, gently smoosh down the ball until it's flattened to about a 1/4" thick.
- Then press the back of a fork lightly on the mints to form ridges.
- Roll each mint in granulated sugar and then pop them in the refrigerator to cool and harden.
- Once cooled, they are ready to eat!
Keep mints stored mints in the refrigerator. These freeze really well also!