It’s a military life for me…
Kickin’ it old school
1 box white cake mix
ingredients called for on cake mix box; egg whites, oil and water
2 1/2 teaspoons mint extract, divided use
green food color
1 jar (16 oz.) hot fudge topping
1 container (8 oz.) whipped topping, thawed
Andes Creme de Menthe chocolate candies, chopped into pieces
Cook’s Note: If the hot fudge sauce is hard to spread at room temperature, try putting it in the microwave (with the lid removed) for about 15-20 seconds. Stir it with a spoon until you get it to a spreadable consistency. You don’t want it to be hot and liquid-y. It should still be a thick but spreadable consistency. Make sure your fudge layer is completely cool before adding whipped topping.
- 1 box white cake mix
- ingredients called for on cake mix box: egg whites, oil and water
- 2 1/2 teaspoons mint extract, divided use
- green food color
- 1 (16 oz) jar hot fudge topping
- 1 (8 oz) container whipped topping (COOL WHIP), thawed
- handful Creme de Menthe chocolate candies, chopped into pieces
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray 9 x 13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Make cake mix per the directions on the back of the box.
- Add in 2 tsp. of mint extract and food color (about 50 drops).
- Pour batter into baking dish and cook for time listed on back of cake mix box.
- Once it is finished baking, allow the cake to cool completely.
- Spread hot fudge sauce on cooled cake.
- For the next layer, add in 1/2 teaspoon of mint extract and green food coloring (about 6-10 drops) to the whipped topping.
- Stir it up. Spread whipped topping onto cooled cake.
- Sprinkle with chopped creme de menthe chocolate candies.