Grasshopper Cake is a green, minty cake with chocolate fudge and whipped cream topping sprinkled with Andes Creme de Menthe pieces. So good!
MINTY GRASSHOPPER CAKE
VIDEO INCLUDED BELOW:
TIPS FOR MAKING GRASSHOPPER CAKE:
- Mint extract is needed. Not peppermint. Mint extract is a combination of peppermint and spearmint extracts. It makes a difference here.
- Natural food colorings can be used.
- I haven’t tried making this as a layered cake so I can’t say if that would work with this recipe.If you try it, please let me know.
- This cake definitely would not work well as a bundt cake.
- White or vanilla cake mix would work with this
- Use a nonstick spray that has flour in it – like Baker’s Joy.
- If you can’t find the Andes mint chocolate baking chips, just crush up some Andes chocolate candies.
white cake mix
ingredients called for on cake mix box; egg whites, oil and water
green food color
hot fudge topping
whipped topping (COOL WHIP)
Andes Creme de Menthe chocolate candies
HOW TO MAKE THIS EASY GRASSHOPPER CAKE (STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS):
Cook’s Note: If the hot fudge sauce is hard to spread at room temperature, try putting it in the microwave (with the lid removed) for about 15-20 seconds. Stir it with a spoon until you get it to a spreadable consistency. You don’t want it to be hot and liquid-y. It should still be a thick but spreadable consistency. Make sure your fudge layer is completely cool before adding whipped topping.
ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED: MARCH 2012
UPDATED & REPUBLISHED: JANUARY 2019
EASY MINTY GRASSHOPPER CAKE
- 1 box white cake mix
- ingredients called for on cake mix box: egg whites, oil and water
- 2 1/2 teaspoons mint extract, divided use
- green food color
- 1 (16 oz) jar hot fudge topping
- 1 (8 oz) container whipped topping (COOL WHIP), thawed
- handful Creme de Menthe chocolate candies, chopped into pieces
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray 9 x 13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Make cake mix per the directions on the back of the box.
- Add in 2 tsp. of mint extract and food color (about 50 drops).
- Pour batter into baking dish and cook for time listed on back of cake mix box.
- Once it is finished baking, allow the cake to cool completely.
- Spread hot fudge sauce on cooled cake.
- For the next layer, add in 1/2 teaspoon of mint extract and green food coloring (about 6-10 drops) to the whipped topping.
- Stir it up. Spread whipped topping onto cooled cake.
- Sprinkle with chopped creme de menthe chocolate candies.
CRAVING MORE RECIPES? GIVE THESE A TRY!
EASY PISTACHIO CAKE
40 BEST CAKE MIX RECIPES
NO-BAKE GRASSHOPPER PIE
YUMMY PISTACHIO FLUFF
ST. PATRICK’S LAYERED CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE BARS
OREO PUDDING POKE CAKE
NO-BAKE CREAM CHEESE MINTS
MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP SWIRL BROWNIES