These 3-Ingredient Puff Pastry Sausage Rolls are the perfect little appetizer. Puff pastry, pork sausage and cream cheese are all that’s needed!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by IOWA PORK PRODUCERS. All opinions and text are my own
3-INGREDIENT PUFF PASTRY SAUSAGE ROLLS
When we were stationed in England (many years ago) – one of my favorite little appetizers were these little sausage rolls. They are a British staple at pretty much any get-together. They are also ridiculously simple to make. Often they are made with some sort of shredded cheese but I think using cream cheese makes them so much better and creamier.
TIPS FOR MAKING THESE DELICIOUS SAUSAGE ROLLS:
- Want to spice it up? Add in a can of drained diced green chiles. Or perhaps add some shredded pepper jack cheese to the pork mixture.
- Try adding some diced green peppers and onions when cooking up your sausage.
- Crescent rolls can be used in place of the puff pastry but I think puff pastry works so much better for these.
VIDEO INCLUDED BELOW:
A WORD ABOUT BUYING AMERICAN-RASIED PORK & SUPPORTING AMERICAN FARMERS:
- When you buy your pork sausage for this recipe at Walmart or Kroger (or wherever you like to shop in the U.S.) you are more than likely buying pork that was raised in Iowa by a family that has been doing it for generations.
- American-raised pork is packed with the essential amino acids, vitamins, and minerals that your body needs. Pork is a complete protein, more so than plant-based proteins.
- I think it is super important to be an educated consumer and to know where my food is coming from and how it is being raised. It matters to me how the animals are being taken care of throughout the process. I like knowing that families, who care about us and their animals, are producing this food that I am enjoying (and that their own families are eating!)
- Iowa Pork producers are aware of what matters to their consumers and are committed to providing facts and education about their practices.
puff pastry (2 sheets in a box)
ground pork sausage (sage or spicy flavor)
HOW TO MAKE THESE CREAM CHEESE SAUSAGE ROLLS:
Preheat oven to 400˚F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. In large skillet brown sausage until fully cooked. Drain.In large bowl mix together cooked sausage and softened cream cheese. Stir until well blended.Unfold both puff pastry sheets and gently roll out (with a rolling pin) until pastry is about 1- inch larger than the original sheet size. Cut each sheet into 12 squares. You should get a total of 24 squares from both sheets.Fill each square with 1-2 tablespoons of sausage mixture. Roll puff pastry around sausage mixture, pinching all edges to seal. Place on lined baking sheet.Bake for 15 minutes, until puffed and golden brown. Remove from oven and serve. They are wonderful on their own or dip in some HONEY MUSTARD DRESSING.
3-INGREDIENT PUFF PASTRY SAUSAGE ROLLS
- 1 package puff pastry sheets (2 sheets in a box), thawed
- 1 (12 oz) package ground pork sausage (sage or spicy flavor)
- 1 (8 oz) block cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large skillet, brown and crumble sausage until fully cooked. Drain excess grease.
- In a large bowl mix together cooked sausage and softened cream cheese. Stir until well blended.
- Unfold both puff pastry sheets and gently roll out (with a rolling pin) until pastry is about 1- inch larger than the original sheet size.
- Cut each sheet into 3 strips (about where the folds were); then cut each in half to create 6 squares from each sheet.
- Cut each square in half again to make a total of 24 squares.
- Fill each square with 1-2 tablespoons of sausage mixture.
- Roll puff pastry around sausage mixture, pinching all edges to seal.
- Place on lined baking sheet; bake for 15 minutes, until puffed and golden brown.
- Remove from oven and serve.
CRAVING MORE RECIPES? GIVE THESE A TRY!
INSTANT POT PORK CHILI
INSTANT POT PULLED PORK BBQ
THE BEST GRILLED PORK RIBS
INSTANT POT KOREAN BBQ COUNTRY STYLE RIBS
CROCK POT PORK CARNITAS
CREAM CHEESE SAUSAGE STUFFED BISCUITS