1 tsp. vanilla extract
Bake crust for 30 minutes. Allow crust to cool completely.
Pour filling mixture on top of cooled crust and evenly spread.
Spread whipped topping on top of filling.
Drizzle with chocolate syrup.
Cover and refrigerate.
Cook’s Note: Be sure to purchase the Instant pudding not the Cook and Serve type pudding.
- For the crust:
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- For the filling:
- 1 Large Box Instant Vanilla Pudding
- 1 (8oz.) package of cream cheese (softened to room temperature)
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups milk
- For the topping:
- 1 (8oz) tub of Whipped Topping (Cool Whip)
- Chocolate Syrup
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- In a medium pan, melt butter with water.
- Bring to a boil (but don’t burn!) then turn off heat.
- If your burners stays too hot after you turn it off, you may want to remove the pan from the heat altogether.
- Add in flour and combine until it looks like a paste.
- Add in eggs.
- Stir mixture until completely combined.
- This may take a minute or two to get it completely combined.
- Spread crust into 9 x 13 baking dish.
- I like to spray my hand with some nonstick spray and then press it down evenly using my hand. It just makes it spread much easier.
- Bake crust for 30 minutes.
- Allow crust to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, mix cream cheese until smooth.
- Add in pudding,milk and vanilla extract.
- Mix until thoroughly combined and mixture begins to thicken (this may take a couple of minutes). If it is a little lumpy, that’s okay.
- If yours turns out like mine, it will stay a little lumpy.
- You'll be able to see the little bits of cream cheese in the pudding.
- It does not affect the taste of this dish though.
- Pour filling mixture on top of cooled crust and evenly spread.
- Spread whipped topping on top of filling and drizzle with chocolate syrup.
- Cover and refrigerate.