Snickerdoodle Skillet Biscuits
Snickerdoodle Skillet Biscuits! What?! I think this is my new favorite sweet biscuit! It’s got a sweet, slightly crusty exterior and the softest, tender inside. I think this would be amazing for breakfast or dessert. Oh, and maybe some apple butter or pumpkin butter spread on it. Or, how about serving it with some fruit like apples or strawberries or with a drizzle of icing! Holy biscuit batman!
Every biscuit is made better by using White Lily flour. I wouldn’t use anything else. It’s hands-down the best flour for making biscuits. It is every southern cook’s secret weapon. Once you touch this flour for the the first time, you can actually feel the difference.
for the biscuit:
2 1/2 cups White Lily® self-rising flour
1 tbsp. sugar
1/3 cup cold butter, cubed
3/4 cup milk
1 egg, beaten
for the topping:
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
Snickerdoodle Skillet BiscuitsPrint Pin Rate
- for the biscuit:
- 2 1/2 cups White Lily self-rising flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/3 cup cold butter cubed
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg beaten
- for the topping:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 450f degrees.
- Grease an 8-inch cast iron skillet with butter (or no-stick cooking spray.)
- In a bowl, add the flour and sugar.
- Stir well.
- Then add milk, beaten egg and cubed butter.
- Stir it all up with a fork and/or a pastry cutter.
- Continue to mix the ingredients together with the fork until a sticky dough forms.
- Sprinkle a light coating of flour onto the counter and add the dough.
- Tip: I like to put some wax paper down on my counter then add the flour (helps with clean up later)
- Knead the dough about 3 times (pressing the dough onto itself.)
- Sprinkle a bit more flour on a rolling pin then roll out the dough to about 1/4" thickness.
- Using a 3-inch biscuit cutter, cut the dough into 5 or 6 biscuits.
- In a wide bowl or plate, mix together the cinnamon and sugar topping.
- Take a little bit of water or milk and lightly coat the biscuits to help the cinnamon sugar mixture stick to them.
- Coat both sides of each biscuit in cinnamon sugar then place into prepared skillet or baking dish.
- Pop skillet into the oven and bake for about 15-17 minutes.
- They will puff up a bit and will have a light brown crust on top.