Easy peasy, lemon squeezy
I’ve got another fun recipe to share today. I have lots of little recipes like this tucked away in my recipe binder. Many of them I know by heart because I use them so often. I just love quick dessert recipes – mainly because dessert is my favorite part of any meal. And after making supper and washing dishes I don’t always want to be messing with a long, drawn-out dessert.
Enter the Lazy Cookie Bar. Made with my favorite pantry item – the boxed cake mix. So versatile, so easy and so yummy. Only 4 ingredients and you probably have them all at home already. It’s not a really thick bar. It’s more like a sheet pan cookie. It’s gooey and I love the edges – those are my favorite. Feel free to mix this up by adding nuts or different types of chocolate chips.
Lazy Cookie Bars
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 2 eggs beaten
- 5 tbsp salted butter melted
- 1 12 oz bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- I love to use the kind that has flour in it.
- In your mixing bowl, combine dry cake mix with melted butter and beaten eggs.
- This is easier if you have an electric or stand mixer because batter will be very thick.
- Stir in bag of chocolate chips.
- Spread batter into greased baking dish.
- What I like to do is spray my hand with some nonstick cooking spray and then spread the batter around using my hand since the batter is very thick.
- Once it is evenly spread out, put in the oven and bake for about 20-25 minutes.
- It will puff up as it is cooking and be golden brown around the edges when it is done.
- Allow to cool.
For an extra special treat, top with a scoop of ice cream!