Easy peasy, lemon squeezy
I’ve got another fun recipe to share today. I have lots of little recipes like this tucked away in my recipe binder. Many of them I know by heart because I use them so often. I just love quick dessert recipes – mainly because dessert is my favorite part of any meal. And after making supper and washing dishes I don’t always want to be messing with a long, drawn-out dessert.
Lazy Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Enter the Lazy Cookie Bar. Made with my favorite pantry item – the boxed cake mix. So versatile, so easy and so yummy. Only 4 ingredients and you probably have them all at home already. It’s not a really thick bar. It’s more like a sheet pan cookie. It’s gooey and I love the edges – those are my favorite. Feel free to mix this up by adding nuts or different types of chocolate chips.
It will puff up as it is cooking and be golden brown around the edges when it is done.
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 2 eggs beaten
- 5 tbsp salted butter melted
- 1 12 oz bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- I love to use the kind that has flour in it.
- In your mixing bowl, combine dry cake mix with melted butter and beaten eggs.
- This is easier if you have an electric or stand mixer because batter will be very thick.
- Stir in bag of chocolate chips.
- Spread batter into greased baking dish.
- What I like to do is spray my hand with some nonstick cooking spray and then spread the batter around using my hand since the batter is very thick.
- Once it is evenly spread out, put in the oven and bake for about 20-25 minutes.
- It will puff up as it is cooking and be golden brown around the edges when it is done.
- Allow to cool.
For an extra special treat, top with a scoop of ice cream!