With just a small amount of ingredients you can easily make a batch of the most flavorful Garlic Herb butter that can be used in so many recipes!
A FLAVORFUL COMPOUND BUTTER
Have you ever heard of compound butter? It's just a fancier way of saying flavored butter. If you have never made your own compound butter, you are absolutely missing out. It's so ridiculously easy but can really take food from good to amazing! I can't even begin to tell you how much flavor it can add. This goes great on so many things from potatoes, vegetables, steaks, chicken and more! There really is no end to the combinations of flavors you can make. But this Garlic Herb butter is one of my favorites. If you want to try out some deliciously flavorful butter, then you have to try this recipe for this Garlic Herb Butter - pronto!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Absolutely! If salted butter is all you have on hand, yes you can use it. Just omit the salt that is included in the recipe.
While I prefer fresh for this recipe, you can certainly use dried herbs. Since dried herbs are more potent, you will need to use less of it. The ratio conversion is for every Tablespoon of fresh herbs in a recipe you can substitute with 1 teaspoon of dried herbs.
Steaks, potatoes, breads or veggies. You can also sauté veggies in it or use it as a finishing butter on any savory dish. I also love to spread it on French breed to make a quick garlic bread. Also, it is so good melted into noodles. Just use any of your favorite cooked pasta. So, so good!
Some examples of other ones you can make are fruit butters, cilantro lime, honey butter, everything bagel and more. Pretty much any flavors that you enjoy together can become a butter. If you haven't tried my Raspberry Honey Butter - run don't walk to check that one out!
Really you can use whatever herbs you personally enjoy the particular flavor profile you want and what you may want to use it on. Basil, cilantro, sage, rosemary are all options.
This should be refrigerated for at least 2 hours before serving. It helps the flavors to combine and marry. But honestly, you could really use it right away if you really wanted to use it immediately. It will just be soft.
This Garlic Herb Butter will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. It can also be frozen for up to 6 months. Wrap it very well in plastic wrap to keep it fresh.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- unsalted butter
- kosher salt
- black pepper
HOW TO MAKE GARLIC HERB BUTTER:
Place the butter, parsley, thyme, chives, garlic, salt, and pepper in a medium-sized bowl.
Stir together until fully combined.
Lay out a large piece of plastic wrap. Place the butter in the center in a log shape.
Roll the plastic wrap over the butter and press it into a log shape. Twirl the ends of the plastic wrap and tuck them under the roll. Place it in the fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight until the butter is solid again.
Slice and serve!
WANT MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES? YOU MUST TRY THESE!
- TEXAS ROADHOUSE CINNAMON HONEY BUTTER
- RANCH ROASTED POTATOES
- EASY GARLIC BREAD
- THE BEST ROAST CHICKEN
- GARLIC BUTTER CHICKEN & POTATOES
- STEAK AND POTATO PACKETS
- CROCK POT MILLION DOLLAR MASHED POTATOES
GARLIC HERB BUTTER
- 1 cup unsalted butter very soft
- 2 tablespoons fresh finely chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh finely chopped thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh finely sliced chives
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Place the butter, parsley, thyme, chives, garlic, salt, and pepper in a medium-sized bowl.
- Stir together until fully combined.
- Lay out a large piece of plastic wrap. Place the butter in the center in a log shape.
- Roll the plastic wrap over the butter and press it into a log shape. Twirl the ends of the plastic wrap and tuck them under the roll.
- Place it in the fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight until the butter is solid again.
- Slice and serve!
- You can replace fresh herbs with dried. Substitute 1 teaspoon dried for every tablespoon fresh.
- Salted butter can be used. Just leave out the salt in the recipe.
- You can easily double this recipe to make more.
- This will freeze for up to 6 months.
- This can be made using your favorite herbs and spices. Add red pepper flakes for a kick!