These Fiesta Pinwheels are so delicious and simple! Made with flour tortillas, cream cheese, salsa, sour cream and of course, shredded cheese!
A SIMPLE AND DELICIOUS APPETIZER OR SNACK
Today I am sharing one of my favorite appetizers: Fiesta Pinwheels! Cinco de Mayo is right around the corner, so you better believe I’m already planning our Mexican-inspired fiesta! These pinwheels are so delicious and the easiest little appetizers to whip up. Perfect for a last minute party or unexpected guests.
TIPS FOR MAKING FIESTA PINWHEELS:
- The version I’m sharing today is really simple, but you could definitely play around with these by adding cooked chicken or bacon.
- You can make so many different variations of this recipe just by changing the flavor of the tortilla. Spinach and sun-dried tomato flavors are my other favorites.
- Want more filling? No problem! This makes quite a few pinwheels so you could certainly add more filling to each tortilla. It will just make a few less pinwheels.
- Experiment with different cheeses. Monterey Jack and Pepper Jack work wonderful in this!
- Try adding a Tablespoon of taco seasoning to the filling to make it more of a Mexican Pinwheel!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- cream cheese
- sour cream
- salsa (I like Herdez brand)
- flour tortillas
- shredded cheddar cheese
HOW TO MAKE FIESTA PINWHEELS:
In a large bowl, mix together softened cream cheese and sour cream until combined.
Stir in salsa and cheese.
Lay out one large tortilla onto a clean surface. Spread about 1/3 cup of cream cheese mixture onto one half of the tortilla.
Roll up tight, leaving ends open. Repeat with all remaining filling and tortillas.
You can either slice them into 1 1/2 inch circles right away and serve with salsa OR saran wrap and let chill until ready to use.
They stay good in refrigerator up to 2 days.
CRAVING MORE RECIPES?
Originally published: April 2015
Updated and republished: February 2023
Fiesta Pinwheels (+Video)
- In a large bowl, mix together softened cream cheese and sour cream until combined and smooth
- Stir in salsa and shredded cheddar cheese.
- Lay out one large tortilla onto a clean surface.
- Spread about 1/3 cup of cream cheese mixture (more if you like a thick filling) onto one half of the tortilla.
- Roll up tight, leaving ends open.
- Repeat with all remaining filling and tortillas.
- Now, you can either slice them into 1 1/2 inch circles and serve with salsa OR cover them in plastic wrap and let chill until ready to use.
- You can spread the filling over the entire tortilla instead of just half. You’ll just get half the amount of the pinwheels but if you like more filling, that is the way to go.
- They stay good in refrigerator up to 2 days.
- Use any of your favorite shredded cheese for this. A Mexican-style blend would also be delicious.
- For an extra kick of flavor, try adding a little bit of sliced green onion to the cream cheese mixture before spreading.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.
Recipe: Life in the Lofthouse