A fun and easy snack or appetizer for young and old alike, these Cheddar Bacon Celery Sticks are so unbelievably delicious and whip up in no time!
A FUN AND EASY SNACK RECIPE
Growing up we used to make "Ants on a Log" and it was like one of my most favorite things ever (and still is!) Celery sticks filled with peanut butter and topped with raisins - so good! These Cheddar Bacon Celery Sticks are a fun and easy recipe that really hits your taste buds and will have you grabbing for more. Little to no effort is needed to make these and they make a great snack or appetizer. Young and old go crazy for this recipe and we make them all the time. So if you are a celery lover and want to try something different, then you have to try this Cheddar Bacon Celery Stick recipe.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
I like to use regular cut bacon for this recipe, but use your favorite, thick-cut works as well. I suggest cooking the bacon to extra crispy so when it is mixed with the other ingredients it does not become soggy.
Of course, whatever is easiest. I would pick up a bag of the real bacon pieces over the bacon bits. I think they have better texture and a better bacon taste.
We cut each into 4ths, so as long as you can get them to equal lengths they should be fine.
Other cheeses that would work well are white cheddar, mozzarella, Pepper Jack, Monterey Jack, or Colby Jack.
Absolutely! These can be made 24 hours ahead of time and stored covered in your refrigerator.
These can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container where they will last for up to 4-5 days.
Absolutely! If you have a homemade recipe that you like you can surely use that. Otherwise you can use my Homemade Ranch Seasoning Mix.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- cream cheese
- sharp cheddar cheese
- dried ranch seasoning (store-bought or make your own)
HOW TO MAKE CHEDDAR BACON CELERY STICKS:
Cook the bacon over medium heat, stirring occasionally until crispy, about 15 minutes. Drain off the grease and place it on a paper-towel-lined plate to soak up any excess grease, set aside. Wash and dry the celery. Cut it into fourths, set aside.
Place the cream cheese, bacon, cheddar, ranch seasoning, and scallions in a medium bowl.
Stir it together until combined, or you can use an electric hand mixer.
Using a butter knife, spread the filling into each of the celery pieces.
Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
WANT MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES? YOU MUST TRY THESE!
Cheddar Bacon Celery Sticks
- ½ pound bacon small diced
- 8 large stalks celery
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried ranch seasoning
- 2 scallions thinly sliced
- Cook the bacon over medium heat, stirring occasionally until crispy, about 15 minutes. Drain off the grease and place it on a paper-towel-lined plate to soak up any excess grease, set aside.
- Wash and dry the celery. Cut it into fourths, set aside.
- Place the cream cheese, bacon, cheddar, ranch seasoning, and scallions in a medium bowl. Stir it together until combined, or you can use an electric hand mixer.
- Using a butter knife, spread the filling into each of the celery pieces. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- These can be made a day ahead of time.
- Easily double this recipe to serve more people.
- Use any cheese that you like, see some suggestions above.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.