EASY ALMOND JOY CAKE
VIDEO INCLUDED BELOW:
CHOCOLATE CAKE, ALMONDS AND COCONUT
sweetened coconut flakes
HOW TO MAKE ALMOND JOY CAKE:
Bake cake according to directions on the back of the box (using a 9×13 baking pan.)
ALMOND JOY CAKE
- 1 box chocolate cake mix (chocolate fudge or devil's food cake)
- ingredients needed to make cake; eggs, oil and water
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (7 oz) bag sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 (12 oz) bag chocolate chips (milk or semi-sweet)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter
- 1 2 oz bag sliced or slivered almonds
- 1/3 cup milk, 2% or higher
- Bake cake according to directions on the back of the box (using a 9 x 13 baking pan).
- While the cake is still warm, gently poke holes in the cake using a fork.
- In a bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk and sweetened coconut flakes.
- Pour this mixture over the warm cake.
- Some of the condensed milk should seep a bit into those holes.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter along with chocolate chips and milk.
- Stir until smooth and completely melted. Do not let this mixture come to a boil.
- Take chocolate mixture off of heat and pour on top of cake.
- Use the back of a spoon to help spread it out evenly.
- Then top with sliced almonds.