Easy, tasty and great for snacking, as a dessert or a side dish, these Air Fryer Fried Apples are a sweet treat that you can make in a flash!
A TASTY FRIED APPLE RECIPE
Did y'all know you can make fried apples in your air fryer? These are super easy and don't take a lot of ingredients to make. The air frying does not dry these out but makes them nice and tender just like if you made them the traditional way. Serve them as a side dish to your favorite southern meal or serve them up as a dessert with some ice cream! If you want to utilize your air fryer for more than just french fries, then you need to make this Air Fryer Fried Apple recipe!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
I think Granny Smith green apples are the best for this but you can use any of your favorite baking apples. Some other options include: Golden Delicious, Jonagold, Pink Lady, Braeburn, etc.
Yes, since we are wanting to get it heated up to make sure that these get the right texture you will want to preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F. Air Fryers usually heat up very quickly.
Since you are peeling, cutting and coring your apples, I like to use an apple slicer for this recipe to get uniform shapes. This also helps the apples to cook evenly in the air fryer.
Absolutely, you can spruce these up as much as you want. Some other great spices are: nutmeg, allspice and even apple pie spice!
These can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator where they will keep for up to 4-5 days. They can also be frozen. Place apples in a freezer container or bag and they will keep for up to 3 months. To defrost, remove from the freezer to the refrigerator until thawed. To reheat: microwave for about 30 seconds until heated through.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- brown sugar
- sea salt
- pure maple syrup
- unsalted butter
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER FRIED APPLES:
Pre-heat the air fryer to 400F degrees. Peel, core, and slice apples.
In a large bowl add the sliced apples, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Mix to evenly combine. Coat the apple mixture with 1 tablespoon of maple syrup and the melted butter. Stir to combine until the apple slices are evenly coated.
When the air fryer is preheated, add the apple slices in a single layer and cook at 380 degrees for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes of cooking, flip the apples.
Cook for another 5-7 minutes until the apples appear golden.
Drizzle with the remaining maple syrup and serve immediately with ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.
WANT MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES?
Air Fryer Fried Apples
- 3 Granny Smith apples peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- pinch sea salt
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup, divided use
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Pre-heat the air fryer to 400F degrees.
- Peel, core, and slice apples.
- In a large bowl add the sliced apples, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Mix to evenly combine.
- Coat the apple mixture with 1 tablespoon of maple syrup and the melted butter. Stir to combine until the apple slices are evenly coated.
- When the air fryer is preheated, add the apple slices in a single layer and cook at 380 degrees for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes of cooking, flip the apples.
- Cook for another 5-7 minutes until the apples appear golden.
- Drizzle with the remaining maple syrup and serve immediately with ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.
- Make sure that you preheat your air fryer before adding the apples.
- This is great served with ice cream, whipped cream, or as a topping to pancakes or waffles.
- These can be frozen, see above on how to do that.
- White sugar can be substituted for brown.
- Maple syrup can be omitted or substituted with honey.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.