Air Fryer Mac and Cheese
A no-boil recipe, this Air Fryer Mac and Cheese is creamy, easy and full of cheesy goodness! Quick, flavorful and the perfect side dish!
DELICIOUS AIR FRYER MAC AND CHEESE
I bet y’all didn’t know you could make macaroni and cheese in an air fryer! You can and I know a simple way to do it where you don’t even have to boil the noodles first. This recipe is baked of my Oven Baked No-Boil Mac and Cheese recipe. It truly is a simple recipe that is full of flavor and once you have a creamy bite, you will want to make it over and over again. Just another reason to get an air fryer if you don’t have one! No need to heat up your house either. If you want a new spin on your mac and cheese game, then you must make this Air Fryer Mac and Cheese recipe!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Yes you can. Just make sure that you do not use skim milk as it will be too watery.
When it comes to macaroni and cheese, freshly shredded sharp cheddar cheese is a good way to go. But you can certainly use your favorite store-bought shredded cheddar cheese. I know folks out there are Velveeta haters but it brings the creaminess to this dish so don’t ask me about substitutes – I refuse to substitute Velveeta!
This takes about 18 minutes in total to cook. You will want to stir it every 5 minutes to make sure that everything is incorporated and the cheese is melting.
No. They will go in this uncooked. That is what makes this recipe awesome!
You can use any oven-proof dish for the air fryer (as long as it is deep enough and fits into your air fryer basket. I have this one (non-affiliated) from Amazon.
This can be stored in an air tight container in the refrigerator where it will keep for up to 4-5 days.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- elbow macaroni
- half and half
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- unsalted butter
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- cayenne pepper
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER MAC AND CHEESE:
Preheat the air fryer at 360°F for 10 minutes. While the air fryer is heating, in a large bowl, add the macaroni noodles, half and half, Velveeta, 1 cup of the shredded cheddar cheese, butter, garlic powder, black pepper, onion powder, cayenne (if using), and salt.
Stir to combine.
Spray an air fryer baking dish with cooking spray and pour the mixture into the dish.
Air fry for 15 minutes.
Stir every 5 minutes to incorporate the ingredients together.
Add the remaining shredded cheese on top.
Air fry an additional 2-3 minutes until melted and slightly browned, serve immediately.
WANT MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES? YOU MUST TRY THESE!
Air Fryer Mac and Cheese
- 1 ½ cups dried elbow macaroni
- 1 ½ cups half and half
- 8 ounces Velveeta small diced
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided use
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the air fryer at 360°F for 10 minutes.
- While the air fryer is heating, in a large bowl, add the macaroni noodles, half and half, Velveeta, 1 cup of the shredded cheddar, butter, garlic powder, black pepper, onion powder, cayenne (if using), and salt.
- Stir to combine.
- Spray an air fryer baking dish with cooking spray and pour the mixture into the dish.
- Air fry for 15 minutes.
- Stir every 5 minutes to incorporate the ingredients together.
- Add the remaining shredded cheese evenly on top.
- Air fry an additional 2-3 minutes until melted and slightly browned. Serve immediately.
- You can use milk, just make sure it is not skim.
- You do not need to cook the noodles before hand.
- Use your favorite cheese, just make sure that it is freshly shredded.
- Use any oven proof pan for this recipe. It will work in the air fryer. Just make sure it is deep enough and fits into your air fryer basket.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.