Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 15 oz. can beef or chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 15 oz can corn undrained
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes and green chiles undrained
- 1 11 oz can enchilada sauce
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- ½ tsp chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- shredded cheese for topping
- crunchy tortilla strips for topping
- Place chicken breasts in the bottom of your crock pot.
- Season with a bit of salt & pepper.
- Add in diced onions and minced garlic.
- Then pour in beef stock, corn, diced tomatoes and enchilada sauce.
- Sprinkle with taco seasoning and chili powder and give it all a good stir.
- Put the lid on and cook on low for about 8-10 hours.
- About 10-15 minutes before serving, take the chicken breasts out and shred them using two forks. The chicken will shred very easily.
- Then put shredded chicken back in pot.
- Stir again.
- Let cook for additional 15 minutes.
Serve with shredded cheese and crispy tortilla strips.
Feel free to add any beans you like in here. Black beans go well with this soup. Also, some folks like to top this with diced avocado as well as fresh cilantro.