This Easy Sugared Peanuts recipe is a deliciously simple snack that is always a hit and it only requires three ingredients! A party favorite!
EASY SUGARED PEANUTS RECIPE
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS SWEET PEANUT TREAT
- For a sweet and salty twist, you can use salted peanuts in this.
- Don't walk away from the stove while you're stirring the peanuts with the sugar water. We don't want the peanuts or the sugar to burn in this.
- This recipe will work with any kind of nut. I've made a mixture with peanuts, walnuts and pecans and it was delicious.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
HOW TO MAKE SUGARED PEANUTS:
CRAVING MORE RECIPES? GIVE THESE A TRY!
EASY SUGARED PEANUTS
- 4 cups unsalted peanuts
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- In a large pan or a medium pot, over medium heat, combine the sugar and water.
- Stir until sugar is dissolved. The water should start to turn clear.
- Add in the peanuts and continue cooking.
- Stir frequently. Mixture will get all nice and bubbly. This process will take about 10-12 minutes. You want the syrup mixture to dissolve until it is thick and gooey.
- At this point, you'll want to start to preheat oven to 300F degrees. Once the mixture becomes hard to stir and becomes a super thick, sticky mixture, it is ready for the next step.
- Spread peanuts onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (this will make it easier to remove later). Spread them out and separate them as best as you can.
- Bake in 300F degree oven for about 12-15 minutes, stirring around every 5 minutes. Peanuts should start to look whitish and crystallized-looking.
- Take out of oven and allow to cool before serving and storing.
Originally published: January 2012
Updated & republished: July 2020