This Pineapple Cheeseball is always a hit at parties. Crushed pineapple, cream cheese, green pepper, shallot and chopped pecans!
This pineapple cheeseball is one of my favorite summer cheeseballs. It’s great anytime of year but the pineapple just screams summer! It might seem like a strange combination of flavors but it really works. You get a slightly sweet and slightly salty combination that satisfies everyone’s tastebuds. Serve it with your favorite assortment of crackers.
HOW-TO VIDEO INCLUDED BELOW:
TIPS FOR MAKING A DELICIOUS CHEESEBALL:
- You can also make this cheeseball 2-3 days ahead of time and keep it in the fridge until you’re ready to serve.
- Make sure to finely dice the shallots and green peppers. You don’t want big chunks in this.
- If you don’t like green pepper, just leave them out or switch it out with another vegetable that you enjoy.
HOW TO MAKE A CHEESEBALL:
Combine all ingredients (except pecans) in a bowl.
Roll cheese mixture into two balls (or one large ball.)Then roll cheeseball in chopped pecans, coating the outside.
Wrap up cheeseballs with plastic wrap or put into airtight container. Allow cheeseballs to set up in the fridge (at least 2-4 hours.) This lets the flavors meld together a bit.
Originally published: January 2011
Updated & republished: June 2020
THE BEST PINEAPPLE CHEESEBALL
- 1 (8 oz) block cream cheese, softened
- ½ green pepper, finely diced
- 1 (8 oz) can crushed pineapple, drained well
- 1 tablespoon shallot, finely diced (or onion)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Combine all ingredients (except pecans) in a bowl.
- Roll cheese mixture into two balls (or one large ball) and then roll them in chopped pecans.
- Wrap up cheeseball(s) with plastic wrap or put into airtight container.
- Allow cheeseballs to set up in the fridge (at least 2-4 hours.) This lets the flavors meld together a bit.