Fried Baloney Sandwich
For those of you who have enjoyed a fried baloney, you are probably particular about the way you like yours. There are all kinds of techniques and toppings and condiments folks like. And you probably like it whatever way yo Momma made it. And of course, that will always be the right way. If you’ve never had this before then you are probably scratching your head wondering why on earth anyone would ever eat baloney, much less fry it. Well, cause it’s good. Simple as that.
And if tomatoes are in season, a nice ripe slice of tomato on top is outta this world. So you see? It’s all on what you grew up with.But no matter what you put on it, it is still a cheap but yummy sandwich that takes you back to your childhood.
1-2 tbsp. salted butter (or margarine)
4 thick slices bologna
8 slices white bread
*any other condiments you like; mayo, sliced tomatoes, sliced cheese, pickles, lettuce
Serve with some chips and an ice cold glass of Coca Cola. And take a trip back to some simpler days….
Fried Bologna Sandwich
- 1-2 tbsp salted butter
- 4 slices thick bologna
- 8 slices white bread
- yellow mustard,mayo, sliced tomatoes, American cheese, pickles, or lettuce
- Cut a Pac-Man (triangle shape) on each side of the slice of bologna.
- Put a skillet over medium heat and throw a pat of butter in (about a tablespoon).
- If you need more butter as you're cooking these, just throw a bit more in.
- When butter is melted, start frying up the bologna.
- At this point, you want to fry it until it reaches your desired color.
- Flipping it over at least once.
- When it is finished, put it in between a couple of slices of white bread with a spread of mustard.