PINA COLADA POKE CAKE
VIDEO INCLUDED BELOW:
PINEAPPLE COCONUT CAKE - EASY AND SO GOOD!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
butter recipe cake mix
ingredients needed to make cake (softened butter, eggs, water)
cream of coconut (not coconut milk)
sweetened condensed milk
crushed pineapple in juice
frozen whipped topping (COOL WHIP)
sweetened coconut flakes
HOW TO MAKE PINA COLADA POKE CAKE:
Then spread COOL WHIP on top. Then sprinkle shredded coconut on top of the COOL WHIP.
Piña Colada Poke Cake
- 1 box butter recipe cake mix
- ingredients needed to make cake (softened butter, eggs, water)
- 1 (15 oz) can cream of coconut
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (15.25 oz) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 1 (8 oz) tub frozen whipped topping (COOL WHIP), thawed
- sweetened coconut flakes, for topping
- Prepare butter cake according to package directions.
- While cake is baking, drain crushed pineapple into a bowl (saving the juice).
- In a separate bowl, whisk together cream of coconut, sweetened condensed milk and
- pineapple juice.
- When you open the can of cream of coconut, you will probably see that some of the coconut oil and cream have separated so it's really important that you whisk this mixture so you get it combined and get most of the lumps out.
- Once combined, mixture will be thin.
- Once cake is done, take it out of the oven.
- While cake is still warm, begin poking holes in the top using a fork or other similar size utensil.
- Then pour cream of coconut mixture evenly over cake.
- It will look pretty saturated. But don't worry the cake is going to soak it all up.
- Once cake is completely cooled, top it with crushed pineapple.
- Then spread Cool Whip on top.
- Then sprinkle shredded coconut on top of the Cool Whip. (You can toast your shredded coconut if you like)
- Slice and serve.