Add butter to the pot. Butter helps reduce foaming when making jams/jellies.
Press “jelly” button. The cook time will automatically default to 25 minutes.
Then press enter.
- 3 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 4 tbsp. pectin
- 1 tsp. butter
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1⅓ cups light brown sugar
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- Put apple juice in a medium bowl.
- Slowly whisk in pectin to the apple juice.
- The pectin should dissolve into the apple juice.
- This is really important to ensure your jelly sets up.
- Pour juice mixture into the pot of the jam maker.
- Add butter.
- Butter helps reduce foaming when making jams/jellies.
- Press "jelly" button.
- The cook time will automatically default to 25 minutes.
- Press enter.
- Wait 4 minutes for jam maker to sound 4 short beeps indicating that it is time to add sugar.
- Whisk in white sugar and brown sugar (breaking up as many clumps as you can) while the stirrer is still running.
- The appliance will continue to automatically stir your ingredients while it cooks.
- Stay within earshot of the Jam & Jelly Maker.
- The appliance will beep again at the end of the process signaling jelly cooking is complete.
- Press cancel and unplug the appliance.
- Your jelly is ready to preserve, freeze or refrigerate.