TEXAS SAUSAGE HASH BROWN CASSEROLE
This deliciously easy breakfast (or side dish) recipe for Texas Sausage Hash Brown Casserole recipe is easy to make with lots of flavor!
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time45 mins
- 2 cups refrigerated hash browns
- 1/4 cup diced green pepper
- 1/4 cup diced red pepper
- 1/4 cup diced yellow pepper
- ½ cup cooked sausage crumbles
- 1 1/4 cup shredded Mexican shredded cheese, divided use
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp cumin (or taco seasoning for a bigger kick of flavor)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- cilantro (optional), for topping
Preheat oven to 350f degrees. Spray a 2-quart (or 8-inch square) casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray
In a large bowl, mix together hash browns, diced peppers, 1 cup cheese, sausage, 1 cup Mexican shredded cheese, heavy cream, cumin, salt & pepper.
Pour hash brown mixture into prepared casserole dish. Top with remaining 1/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese.
Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes, or until top is a golden brown.
Sprinkle on some cilantro, and serve.
Optional: Add diced tomato, avocado, or salsa as topping for some extra flavor.
Calories: 257kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 60mg | Sodium: 331mg | Potassium: 261mg | Fiber: 1g | Vitamin A: 615IU | Vitamin C: 22.5mg | Calcium: 228mg | Iron: 1.2mg