THE BEST PIMIENTO CHEESE
Hands down the Best Pimiento Cheese ever made. A southern staple! It's all about good cheese and the right combination of ingredients!
Prep Time15 mins
Total Time15 mins
- 3 oz cream cheese softened to room temp.
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp hot sauce (optional)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp dried mustard
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (4 oz) jar diced pimiento (drained well)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded colby cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Optional: 2 tbsp sliced green onion
In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, apple cider vinegar, hot sauce, sugar, dried mustard, salt and pepper.
Then stir in green onion (if using). Finally, stir in shredded cheese and drained pimientos until fully coated with mayonnaise mixture.
Cover with plastic wrap and put into the refrigerator to chill for at least 8 hours. This helps the flavors really come together.
Then dig in! Serve on crackers or sandwiches or stir into grits (yum!)
Calories: 142kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 267mg | Potassium: 36mg | Vitamin A: 300IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 166mg | Iron: 0.2mg