ITALIAN CHOPPED SALAD WITH HOMEMADE SALAD DRESSING
This Italian Chopped Salad is full of pasta, salami, grilled chicken, pepperoni, tomatoes and the most AMAZING dressing.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- salt and pepper
For the salad:
- 1 cup ditalini pasta
- 3-4 cups chopped romaine lettuce hearts
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 1 cup cubed salami or pepperoni
- 1 cup mozzarella cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup cucumber sliced
- 1/2 cup green onions sliced
- 1/2 cup mini pepperoni optional
- 1 7.5 oz jar marinated artichoke hearts drained and chopped
- 2 cups grilled chicken breast diced
- Additional optional add-ins: olives, pepperoncini peppers, red onions
First thing you want to do is get your water boiling so you can get your ditalini pasta cooked. Because that needs to be cooked, drained and cooled down before adding it to the rest of the salad. While the pasta is cooking, you can get started with making the dressing.
In a jar, add in all the dressing ingredients.
Pop the lid on nice & tight.
Then give it a really vigorous shake.
Once your pasta has cooked to al dente, drain it well.
Then run some cool water over it so that it can cool down a bit faster.
While the pasta is finishing draining and cooling, start chopping up your veggies.
Then add them all to a large bowl and add in the diced grilled chicken.
Once pasta has cooled, add it to the salad mix.
Now it's time to pour that yummy dressing on top! Give it all a good stir.
Calories: 391kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 52mg | Sodium: 476mg | Potassium: 333mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1900IU | Vitamin C: 5.9mg | Calcium: 102mg | Iron: 1.5mg