The Juicy Lucy Burger
- 1 pound ground beef 80/20 works good
- 1 ½ teaspoons Montreal steak seasoning
- 2 tablespoons water or beef broth
- A few dashes of hot sauce
- ½ block of cheddar cheese shredded (or your favorite cheese)
- ½ pound bacon cooked and crumbled
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Once grill is heated, make sure the grates have been scraped clean.
- I usually use a wad of aluminum foil to wipe the heated grate surfaces.
- Clean grates will ensure less sticking as you cook the burgers.
- Combine ground beef, seasoning, water and hot sauce together in a medium bowl.
- Form bottom half of patty (using about 1/3 cup of meat).
- Add a pinch of shredded cheese onto bottom half of patty.
- Next add a pinch of crumbled bacon.
- Form top half of patty (using about another 1/3 cup of meat).
- Press the two patties together and seal around the edges to ensure the patty is completely sealed.
- Continue this until you have made all the burgers.
- Place on heated grill and cook for about 5-7 minutes on each side (less if you want a slightly rare burger)
Serve on toasted buns with all the fixings! Shredding your cheese will ensure better melting. Also, you can really go crazy with the fillings on these burgers: sauteed onions, mushrooms, jalapenos, different types of cheese– the combinations are endless.