This easy Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole is absolutely delicious! Tater tots topped with eggs, bacon, cheese and seasonings!
A DELICIOUS AND FILLING BREAKFAST RECIPE
For those of you who have been hanging out with me here on the blog for a while, you know I'm not really a resolution maker. I like to go into the New Year thinking positive and suggest some positive changes that I should make. Ya know, small changes that will make a good impact on my day-to-day life. My positive change this year is to eat breakfast regularly
THE BEST BREAKFAST CASSEROLE RECIPE
So today, I thought I'd share one of my new weekend favorites - this Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole. This casserole needs a moment of silence. It is that good. I need y'all to hear me on this. Your tongue is gonna want to slap your brains out. Seriously. It takes 12 eggs - yes 12. If you show up anywhere with this dish, I promise people will be praising "Hallelujah" all over the place. And it has tater tots and bacon! Come on, let me show you how to do this.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST
- tater tots
- large eggs
- shredded Colby Jack cheese
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- sliced green onions (optional)
HOW TO MAKE TATER TOT BREAKFAST CASSEROLE:
Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Layer tater tots in a single layer on the bottom of the baking dish.
In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs until smooth.
Stir in onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
Mix in crumbled bacon.
Then stir in one cup shredded cheese.
Pour egg mixture over tater tots.
Make sure the egg mixture is spread out all on the bottom.
Then add remaining 1 cup of shredded cheese to the top. Bake uncovered for about 35-40 minutes. The egg mixture should be fully cooked and no longer jiggly.
If you'd like, garnish with a little sliced green onion.
Then scoop up a serving and dig in!
CRAVING MORE RECIPES? GIVE THESE A TRY!
Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole (+Video)
- ½ bag frozen tater tots
- 12 eggs
- 2 cups Colby Jack shredded cheese
- ½ pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- sliced green onions, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Layer frozen tater tots in a single layer on the bottom of the baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs until fully combined.
- Stir in onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Mix in crumbled bacon.
- Then stir in 1 cup shredded cheese.
- Pour egg mixture evenly over tater tots.
- Then add remaining cup of shredded cheese to the top.
- Bake uncovered for about 35-40 minutes.
- If you'd like, garnish with a little sliced green onion.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.