Disclosure: This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Glad & Hidden Valley Ranch. The opinions and text are all mine.
The must-have cheeseball recipe
Easy and So Good
You don’t even have to form it into a pumpkin shape. The taste alone will make it a hit at your next gathering. What I love most is being able to make it ahead of time. You can get it all prepped and ready to go, wrap it in Glad ClingWrap, pop it in the fridge and the next day, you are all ready.
The only thing you have to do is set it out with some crackers. Boom! And who doesn’t love easy – especially around the holidays! But I’m going to show you how easy this really is. Some Glad ClingWrap and a few rubber bands and you turn this cheeseball into a great pumpkin!
1 (8 oz.) block cream cheese, softened to room temp.
1 (8 oz.) tub vegetable cream cheese
2 tbsp. Hidden Valley Ranch Spicy Ranch mix
3 green onions, diced
1 red pepper, finely diced (save the stem)
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided use*
Finely chop the red pepper and green onion. You want small pieces, not big chunks. Be sure to save the stem of the red pepper. It’s going to be our pumpkin stem! I just wrap the stem up in a slightly dampened paper towel and wrap that up in some Glad ClingWrap and put it in the fridge until I’m ready for it.
Then stir in 2 tablespoons of Hidden Valley Ranch Spicy Ranch mix. Note: This was not spicy in this cheeseball at all. It just gave it a small kick of flavor. You can always use the Hidden Valley Original Ranch flavor for this!
Now, time to wrap it up with rubber bands. You can also use kitchen string for this. You will need 4 large rubber bands. This is why it’s important to have a tightly wrapped cheeseball with two layers. We don’t want any cheeseball mix squeezing out while we’re putting on the rubber bands. (Ask me how I know.) With these rubber bands, I had to double wrap each one to get those long indentations we’re looking for to make the pumpkin shape. You can also use kitchen twine for this if that makes it easier for you.
Place cheeseball into the fridge for a minimum of two hours (overnight is best.) Not only do the flavors get better as it sits, but as the mixture cools, it will help it to form that pumpkin shape. When ready, cut off the rubber bands and carefully remove the cling wrap. Then add on the red pepper stem to the top. Just gently push it in there. Serve with your favorite buttery crackers.
Got leftovers? No problem. Just pop your leftover cheeseball into a tall and large Glad entree container and you’ll have it ready to snack on for later!
Cook’s Note: I like to use freshly grated cheddar cheese for this. It is stickier than the pre-shredded kind and that helps when forming the cheeseball.
Pumpkin-Shaped Cheese Ball
- 1 8 oz block cream cheese (softened to room temperature)
- 1 8 oz tub vegetable cream cheese
- 2 tbsp Hidden Valley Ranch Spicy Ranch mix
- 3 green onions sliced
- 1 red pepper finely diced (save the stem)
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese divided use
- Using an electric or stand mixer, combine both cream cheeses.
- Then stir in 2 tablespoons of Hidden Valley Ranch Spicy Ranch mix, green onion, red pepper and one cup shredded cheddar cheese.
- Spread out a large sheet of Glad ClingWrap.
- Sprinkle about a 1/4 cup of the shredded cheddar cheese onto the plastic wrap.
- Then top with cheese ball mixture.
- Take the rest of the shredded cheddar cheese and sprinkle it onto the tops and sides of the cheese ball and wrap it up well with cling wrap.
- Two layers of cling wrap work best. It needs to be well-wrapped and wrapped tightly. Now, time to wrap it up with four large and wide rubber bands.
- We don't want any cheese ball mix squeezing out while we're putting on the rubber bands. I had to double wrap each rubber band to get those long indentations we're looking for to make the pumpkin shape.
- Place cheese ball into the fridge for a minimum of two hours (overnight is best.) Not only do the flavors get better as it sits, but as the mixture cools, it will help it to form that pumpkin shape.
- When ready, cut off the rubber bands and carefully remove the cling wrap.
- Then add on the red pepper stem to the top. Just gently push it in there.
- Serve with your favorite buttery crackers.