The title of this recipe should actually be “Luscious Lemon and White Chocolate Tart.” But, as always with me, there’s a story. See, I don’t own a tart pan. And this recipe was designed for a tart pan. If you’ve never seen a tart pan, it is a very shallow pie pan with short sides that have scalloped edges. I have a very tiny kitchen and not much storage so I have to be careful how many pots and pans and baking stuff that I own. I just don’t have anywhere to put all the many different and fun types of cooking and baking items that are out there. But I do have an 8×8 square baking dish. I think a tart pan really makes this dessert just a little bit more elegant. So, if you have one, make this recipe in a 9″ tart pan, but if not, a square baking dish works just fine. They’ll just be in a bar shape rather than a slice and the crust will be thicker. It still turned out incredible tasting (even if it didn’t look as fancy as the tart pan version.)
Stir in butter until blended.
Bake for about 15 minutes (until light golden brown).
Beat cream cheese in a medium bowl with electric mixer until smooth.
Beat in gelatin mixture at low speed, scraping down sides of bowl just until blended.
Pour into medium nonstick saucepan.
Add in vanilla chips.
Cook on medium-low, stirring frequently until mixture is smooth and melted.
Pour filling over cooked crust.
Refrigerate at least one hour until completely cooled.
Spread lemon curd over chilled filling.
Decorate top with chocolate shavings (optional.) Slice into bars and serve.
Luscious Lemon BarsPrint Pin Rate
- 1 7.6 oz package Martha White Lemon Poppy Seed Muffin Mix
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp unflavored gelatin
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese softened
- 1 cup vanilla chips
- 1/2 cup Dickinson's lemon curd
- white chocolate shavings optional
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Spray an 8 x 8 or 9 x 9 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Stir together muffin mix and almonds.
- Stir in butter until blended.
- Press evenly in the bottom of your prepared baking dish.
- Push it down with your hands until compacted down evenly into the dish.
- Bake crust for about 15 minutes (until light golden brown).
- Pour heavy cream into a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin evenly over cream.
- Allow to stand until softened (about 5 minutes).
- Beat cream cheese in a medium bowl with electric mixer until smooth.
- Beat in gelatin mixture at low speed, scraping down sides of bowl just until blended.
- Pour mixture into medium nonstick saucepan.
- Add in vanilla chips.
- Cook on medium-low, stirring frequently until mixture is smooth and melted.
- Pour filling over cooked crust.
- Refrigerate at least one hour until completely cooled.
- In a small, microwave-safe bowl, measure out 1/2 cup lemon curd.
- Microwave on high for about 25-30 seconds until smooth and spreadable.
- Spread lemon curd over chilled filling.