Loaded Potato Ranch Chicken Casserole
I am *really* excited to share this recipe with you today. It turned out SO, so good! I mean really, you just can’t go wrong with potatoes, chicken, melty cheese and bacon. Amiright? This is definitely one of those all-in-one meals. I would serve with a crisp, green salad and call it done!
I am using my favorite Little Potatoes in this. The Baby Boomer varietal is one of my favorites. It is a yellow creamer potato and it has a light and almost fluffy texture. You can microwave them for a quick side dish, roast them, grill them or you can cut them up and add them to make a more filling meal like I did here. This is definitely a must-make!
1 (1.5 lb.) bag Baby Boomer Little Potatoes
2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
1/2 cup prepared ranch dressing, divided use
salt & pepper, to taste
2 cups Mexican Cheese Blend
1 cup cooked & crumbled bacon
1/2 cup diced green onion
In a large bowl mix together the diced potatoes, salt & pepper and 1/4 cup ranch dressing. Note: It’s really important you add a bit of salt & pepper along with the ranch dressing. It makes a difference in the flavor.
Once the potatoes have cooked 30 minutes, remove baking dish from the oven and lower the oven temperature to 400F. Top the cooked potatoes with the raw marinated chicken. Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil (Warning: Baking dish will be VERY hot so use oven mitts to do this.)
- 1 1.5 lb bag Baby Boomer Little Potatoes
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup prepared ranch dressing, divided use
- 2 cups Mexican Cheese Blend
- 1 cup cooked and crumbled bacon
- 1/2 cup diced green onion
- Preheat oven to 450f.
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Dice the Little Potatoes into 1-inch cubes.
- In a large bowl mix together the diced potatoes, salt & pepper and 1/4 cup ranch dressing.
- Scoop the potatoes into prepared baking dish (save that bowl, we're going to use it again for the chicken.)
- Bake the potatoes for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, until almost thoroughly cooked (they won't be fork tender quite yet.).
- While the potatoes are cooking, add the cubed chicken to the bowl you used to the potatoes and add salt and pepper and the remaining 1/4 cup ranch seasoning.
- Once the potatoes have cooked 30 minutes, remove baking dish from the oven and lower the oven temperature to 400F.
- Top the cooked potatoes with the raw marinated chicken.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil (Warning: Baking dish will be VERY hot so use oven mitts to do this.)
- Place baking dish back in the oven and cook for an additional 20 minutes (or until chicken is fully cooked.)
- Take baking dish out of the oven and top with shredded cheese, bacon and green onion.
- Place back in oven for 8-10 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
If you can’t find Little Potatoes, just purchase Yukon Gold yellow potatoes and dice them up into 1-inch cubes. You’ll need to purchase enough potatoes so that when you cut them up, they will fill the bottom of your 9 x 13 baking dish.