Lemon, lemon and more lemon
There is no dessert more satisfying to me than a lemon one. I crave lemon desserts all year round. So the other day I was REALLY wanting something lemon-y, but of course, didn’t want to turn the oven on. Ain’t nobody got time fo’ dat! It’s too hawt outside and my house heats up quick since my kitchen is on the upper floor of our house.
Lemon Icebox Cake
2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened to room temp.
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3 tbsp. lemon zest (zest of two lemons)
3/4 cup heavy cream
2 (6 oz.) bags Pepperidge Farm Lemon cookies
1/2 cup milk
Continue this process two more times (layer of cookies followed by layer of cream cheese mixture). You should have three layers total.Cover the dish with plastic wrap and pop into the refrigerator for a minimum of 4 hours (or overnight).
- 2 8 oz packages cream cheese softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon zest zest of two lemons
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 6 oz bags Pepperidge Farm Lemon cookies
- 1/2 cup milk
- whipped cream for serving (optional)
- Using an electric or stand mixer, mix together cream cheese, sugar and lemon zest until smooth.
- Add in heavy cream and mix for about three minutes until thick and fluffy.
- Dip each cookie into the milk and layer into the bottom of an 8 x 8 baking dish (breaking cookies if necessary to get them to fit.)
- Spread 1/3 of the cream cheese mixture onto the cookie layer.
- Continue this process two more times (a layer of cookies followed by a layer of cream cheese mixture).
- You should have three layers total.
- Cover the dish with plastic wrap and pop into the refrigerator for a minimum of 4 hours (or overnight).
- Slice and serve with whipped cream.