This Easy Instant Pot Goulash is a one pot meal. Ground beef, spaghetti sauce, diced tomatoes, onion, garlic, macaroni and melted cheese!
EASY INSTANT POT AMERICAN GOULASH
This Easy Instant Pot Goulash is a one pot meal. Ground beef, spaghetti sauce, diced tomatoes, onion, garlic and macaroni noodles. All topped with cheese! Also called Slumgullion, American Chop Suey or Johnny Marzetti (depending on where you're from.) 🙂
WHAT SIZE PRESSURE COOKER DO I NEED?
For this recipe, I am using an 6.5-quart pressure cooker (specifically the Ninja Foodi). It makes a lot! You can freeze any leftovers. Don't have an electric pressure cooker? No problem! Check out my STOVETOP GOULASH RECIPE.
CAN I MAKE GOULASH ALL IN ONE POT?
My favorite thing about this recipe is it is made all in one pot! Who doesn't love a good, filling, comforting one pot meal? I am all about reducing the dirty dish pile! A couple of tips: use lean ground beef. Most lean ground beef doesn't need to be drained of excess grease and will keep you from dirtying up a strainer. Use fresh garlic. There are so few ingredients in this dish that fresh garlic really deepens that homemade taste!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
lean ground beef
can diced tomatoes (with Italian seasoning)
shredded cheddar cheese
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT GOULASH:
RAVING MORE INSTANT POT RECIPES? GIVE THESE A TRY!
INSTANT POT SMOTHERED PORK CHOPS
INSTANT POT COUNTRY STYLE RIBS
INSTANT POT POT ROAST
INSTANT POT BEEF STEW
INSTANT POT ITALIAN STUFFED PEPEPRS
INSTANT POT MEATLOAF
GRANDMA'S AMERICAN GOULASH (STOVE TOP)
INSTANT POT STUFFED PEPPER SOUP
INSTANT POT SAUSAGE MAC & CHEESE
INSTANT POT GOULASH (WITH GROUND BEEF)
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 green pepper, diced (optional)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes (with basil, garlic, oregano) (do not drain)
- 1 (24 oz) jar spaghetti sauce
- 3 cups water
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (16 oz) box macaroni noodles (3 cups)
- shredded cheddar cheese, for topping
- In a 6.5-quart electric pressure cooker, press the sauté option and put on high.
- Brown and crumble the ground beef along with the diced onion and green pepper.
- If the beef produces a lot of grease, then drain. If not, then there is no need.
- Stir in minced garlic. Turn off sauté setting.
- Pour in diced tomatoes, spaghetti sauce, water and Italian seasoning.
- Finally, stir in macaroni noodles. Seal the lid, then turn the pressure release valve to "Sealing"
- Set pressure cooker on high for 5 minutes. Once finished, do a quick pressure release (carefully turn the pressure release valve to venting)
- Open lid and stir mixture. Serve in a bowl topped with shredded cheddar cheese or grated Parmesan cheese.