EASY GLAZED HONEY BUN CAKE
Glazed Honey Bun Cake is like those yummy snack cakes! Easy to make with yellow cake mix, cinnamon brown sugar filling and topped with a sweet honey glaze.
VIDEO INCLUDED BELOW:
HOW DO YOU MAKE A CAKE MIX TASTE HOMEMADE?
STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE GLAZED HONEY BUN CAKE:
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray 13×9 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. In a medium bowl, mix together the cake mix, eggs, sour cream, and oil and mix until combined.
Originally posted: February 2011
Updated & republished: April 2019
GLAZED HONEY BUN CAKE
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¾ cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4-6 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp honey optional
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Spray 9 x 13 baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl stir together the cake mix, eggs, sour cream, and oil and mix until well-incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the brown sugar and cinnamon until well-blended; set aside.
- Pour half of the cake batter into a greased 13×9 pan, spreading it out evenly.
- Add all of the brown sugar/cinnamon mixture to the top, covering the entire layer of batter.
- Pour the rest of the cake batter on top, and spread the batter out as evenly as possible.
- Place the cake into the oven and bake for about 40-45 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- While the cake is baking, make the glaze.
- In a bowl, mix the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla until glaze is smooth.
- When the cake comes out of the oven, immediately pour glaze onto the hot cake.
- Spread it out evenly.