Chinese food for the win
While Dad’s away, the kids will play (or eat Chinese) 🙂
Easy Vegetable Fried Rice
4 tbsp. canola oil
3 eggs, beaten
1/2 onion, diced
5 cups cooked rice
2 cups frozen peas & carrots, slightly thawed
4 tbsp. soy sauce
1/4 tsp. white pepper
salt (if needed, to taste)
1 bunch sliced green onions (optional)
In a small bowl, crack your eggs, and with a fork or a whisk, beat the eggs until they are combined. In a wok or a large skillet (with high sides), over high heat, add 2 tbsp. oil and coat the bottom of the pan.
Easy Fried Rice
- 4 tbsp canola oil
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1/2 onion diced
- 5 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots slightly thawed
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- salt if needed (to taste)
- 1 bunch sliced green onions optional
- In a small bowl, crack eggs, and with a fork or a whisk, beat the eggs until they are combined.
- In a wok or a large skillet (with high sides), over high heat, add 2 tbsp. oil and coat the bottom of the pan. When the oil begins to shimmer, that means it's ready.
- Add in the beaten eggs. You will notice they will puff up. Don't mess with them a lot here. We're not scrambling them, we want fried egg pieces in our fried rice.
- Once they are cooked, put them on a paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Add in 2 more tbsp. of oil to your pan. And begin cooking the diced onions. Cook the onions until they are translucent.
- Season onions with white pepper. Once onions are finished, turn the heat down to medium.
- Add in 5 cups cooked rice. Stir it around well, combining it with the cooked onions.
- Then add in the peas and carrots. Stir the mixture well.
- Add in 4 tbsp. soy sauce. Give it all a good stir again.
- Make sure the mixture is getting evenly heated. Also, at this point, do a taste test.
- Make sure the veggies are up to temperature and the rice is warmed up nicely and that you have enough seasoning to make you happy.
- Add in any additional salt, pepper or soy sauce that you feel is necessary. Then add cooked eggs back in.
- Give it another good stir. Serve.