This Easy Shoney’s Strawberry Pie is a favorite summer dessert recipe! Made with frozen pie crust, jello, fresh strawberries, whipped cream!
SHONEY’S FRESH STRAWBERRY PIE
VIDEO INCLUDED BELOW:
HOW DO I MAKE MY OWN PIE CRUST?
HOW TO MAKE SHONEY’S STRAWBERRY PIE:
Originally published: April 2012
Updated and republished: April 2019
SHONEY'S STRAWBERRY PIE
- 1 (9-inch) frozen pie crust (or make your own)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup strawberry gelatin powder (JELL-O)
- 1 pint of fresh strawberries (hulled and sliced)
- Prebake pie crust according to directions on package.
- Cool to room temperature
- If using my Wham Bam Pie Crust, prepare as directed, prick the inside of the pie crust all over and bake at 400F degrees for about 10-15 minutes, then allow to cool completely.
- Wash and hull strawberries.
- Then cut them in half (or maybe smaller depending on how big your berries are).
- In a sauce pan, over medium-high heat, add water, sugar, cornstarch, & strawberry gelatin.
- Whisk together until thoroughly combined.
- Whisk mixture constantly while heating to prevent clumping or scorching until mixture begins to come to a gentle boil.
- Remove pan from the heat and allow the glaze to cool.
- I like to put the sauce pan into my sink where I've made some ice water.
- This will cool the glaze quickly and allow it to set up a bit more.
- As the glaze cools it will become translucent in color and you should notice it will thicken a little more as well.
- Whisk it occasionally as it cools. It will be thickened but still pourable.
- Add your sliced berries to the baked and cooled pie crust.
- Pour strawberry glaze over berries.
- Making sure to get it in between the nooks & crannies of the berries as best you can.
- Chill pie in the refrigerator at least 2-3 hours before serving.
LOOKING FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES? TRY THESE!
HERSHEY’S CHOCOLATE PIE
NO-BAKE GRASSHOPPER PIE
CROCK POT PECAN PIE
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE CAKE
STRAWBERRY POKE CUPCAKES
HOMEMADE FRESH STRAWBERRY BREAD
HOT MILK SPONGE CAKE WITH FRESH STRAWBERRIES
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB COBBLER
STRAWBERRY FIELDS SALAD
STRAWBERRY YOGURT POPSICLES