Cris’ Skillet Peach Cobbler
Since you guys seemed to like the Mini Pies I shared recently, and one can never have too many great pie or cobbler recipes in my book, I thought I’d share my VERY favorite cobbler recipe. We make this recipe all the time with all kinds of flavors, but in honor of my Dad, I will share his very favorite– Skillet Peach Cobbler– with you today. This cobbler recipe is not only easy to throw together, it tastes incredible!
canned peaches in heavy syrup
How to make:
- 1 (15 oz) can peaches in heavy syrup
- 1 cup All-Purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- Heat peaches in syrup and set aside.
- Mix remaining ingredients except butter in a separate bowl.
- Pour butter into bottom of a cast iron skillet or 8 x 8 dish.
- Add batter.
- Pour peaches evenly on top and do not mix.
- Bake at 400 degrees until golden and set, 20-30 minutes.