This Easy Apple Crisp is made with a cinnamon apple pie filling and is topped with a butter crumble topping (no oatmeal on this one!)
THE BEST APPLE CRISP
One of my favorite recipes to make during the fall season is Apple Crisp. I love it with a passion, y'all! This one is a bit different from your usual apple crisp. There is no oatmeal in this one. Mainly because my husband isn't a fan of the brown sugar/oatmeal topping so I had to figure something else out. And you know what? I ended up loving it better this way!
CAN I USE OTHER PIE FILLINGS?
This recipe works with pretty much all pie fillings. I have made it with cherry, peach and blueberry. They all tasted wonderful with this topping. I just leave out the cinnamon for the other pie fillings except for the peach pie filling. With the cherry pie filling, it's nice to add a touch of almond extract to boost the flavor!
VIDEO INCLUDED BELOW:
HOW DO I MAKE APPLE CRISP WITH FRESH APPLES?
Instead of the canned apple pie filling, you'll need about 5 cups fresh apples (peeled and sliced), ½ cup sugar, ½ tp ground cinnamon and 1 tsp vanilla extract. Combine these ingredients and place into baking dish. Then follow up with the topping recipe as written below.
HOW TO MAKE EASY APPLE CRISP:
Originally published: November 2014
Updated & republished: October 2020
CRAVING MORE APPLE RECIPES? YOU MUST TRY THESE!
THE BEST APPLE DUMPLINGS
CROCK POT APPLE CRISP
CREAM CHEESE ROLL UPS WITH APPLE & CINNAMON
THE BEST APPLE DESSERT PIZZA (LIKE PIZZA HUT!)
EASY APPLE PIE CINNAMON ROLLS
26 MUST-MAKE APPLE RECIPES
CRESCENT ROLL APPLE DANISHES
APPLE PIE BREAD
NO-BAKE (YES, NO BAKE!) APPLE PIE
NO-BAKE APPLE YUM YUM
THE BEST APPLE CRISP
- 2 (21 oz) cans apple pie filling
- 1-2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick) cold salted butter cubed
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees. Pour both cans of apple pie filling into an 8x8 baking dish.
- Sprinkle ground cinnamon on top of apple filling.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar and cubed butter.
- Using a fork or pastry cutter, mix all ingredients until combined well. Making sure to "cut" the butter into the mixture. It should look like little butter pebbles when it's ready.
- Stir in pecans.
- Spread the topping mixture over the apple pie filling.
- Put in the middle rack of the oven and bake for about 25-30 minutes. It should be light golden brown and bubbly.