Crock Pot for the win
- 1 3-4 lb rump roast can use Chuck or Round Roast
- 1 packet dry Italian dressing
- 1/2 16 oz jar sliced peperoncini peppers
- 1 10.5 oz can beef broth
- 4-6 slices provolone cheese
- sub rolls
- Put the rump roast into the Crock Pot.
- Rump roasts usually have one side that is all fat.
- Place roast fat side up so the fat will drip down into the meat.
- In a bowl, combine beef broth, dry italian dressing and 1/2 the jar of pepperoncini peppers (including some of the juice).
- Use as little or as much of the peppers as you like (depending on how spicy you like it).
- Pour this mixture over the rump roast.
- Cover and cook on low for about 8 hours.
- Slice rump roast. Trim some of that extra fat off the meat.
- Place meat back into the juices.
- Optional: add a little butter to sub rolls and lightly toast them. I just toast mine right in my cast iron skillet.
- Add a slice or two of provolone cheese on top.
If you are using a Chuck Roast or Round Roast, you won't see that layer of fat.
You should just be able to shred the meat with two forks.