These Crock Pot Baked Beans are so easy to make and serve! Pork and Beans combined with brown sugar, mustard, BBQ sauce, onion and bacon.
A DELICIOUS AND EASY BAKED BEAN RECIPE
We are huge baked bean lovers in my family. Whenever we grill out in the summer, we almost always have beans as a side. Now, I have a pretty fantastic (if I do say so myself) recipe for CLASSIC SOUTHERN BAKED BEANS. It is my favorite bean recipe to use. But I got quite a few emails from folks who like that recipe but wanted something that was a bit easier to make and maybe didn't involve so many ingredients.
If you have the time, and don't mind turning on your oven, I really suggest that recipe. The flavor is amazing and the sauce cooks down slowly in the oven, really giving those beans outstanding taste. But I also understand keeping things easy and having a recipe that doesn't involve turning on the oven in the summer. So, this recipe was created. Just a few ingredients, and it is made in the crock pot! That makes these beans perfect to take along to a BBQ but also doesn't heat up your house.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- pork and beans
- diced onion
- barbecue sauce
- brown sugar (light or dark)
- yellow mustard
- cooked bacon
Note: The barbecue sauce is really adding the most flavor to these beans. So use one that you know you love. If you want a smokier tasting bean, then try using a hickory barbecue sauce. Also, for more molasses flavor (which I enjoy) try using a dark brown sugar. For this picture, I only had the light brown on hand.
HOW TO MAKE CROCK POT BAKED BEANS:
Mix all ingredients (except for bacon) in a 4-6 quart slow cooker. Pork and beans, diced onion, brown sugar,
That little bit of mustard is nothing you can actually taste but provides a depth of flavor.
Give it all a good stir.
Cover and cook on low for 3-5 hours.
Stir the beans gently a couple of times during cooking.
Right before serving, stir in cooked bacon (if using).
CRAVING MORE RECIPES?
Crock Pot Baked Beans
- 3 (28 ounce) cans pork and beans
- ½ cup diced onion
- ¾ cup barbecue sauce
- ½ cup brown sugar, light or dark
- 2 Tablespoons yellow mustard
- ½ pound bacon, cooked and crumbled (optional)
- Mix all ingredients (except for bacon) in a 4-6 quart slow cooker.
- Give the mixture a good stir.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-5 hours.
- Stir the beans gently a couple of times during cooking.
- Right before serving, stir in cooked bacon (if using).
- The barbecue sauce is really adding the most flavor to these beans. So use one that you know you love. If you want a smokier tasting bean, then try using a hickory barbecue sauce.