1/2-1 pound ground beef (depending on how meaty you like it)
1 cup onion, diced
1/2 lb. bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
3 (16 oz.) cans baked beans in sauce, do not drain
2 (16 oz.) cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed
2 (16 oz.) cans northern beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup packed brown sugar (light or dark)
2 tsp. white vinegar
1 tsp. table salt
1 tsp. dry mustard powder
Pour in your bean mixture
Cover with aluminum foil and bake for about 45 minutes. Then remove foil and bake for additional 10 minutes.
- ½-1 pound ground beef depending on how meaty you want it
- 1 small onion diced
- 1/2 lb . bacon crisply cooked and crumbled
- 3 oz cans Baked Beans in sauce do not drain, 16 .
- 2 oz cans Pinto Beans drained and rinsed, 16 .
- 1 oz can Northern Beans drained and rinsed, 16 .
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar light or dark
- 2 tsp . white vinegar
- 1 tsp . table salt
- 1 tsp . dry mustard powder
- If you haven't done so already, rinse your pinto and northern beans using a colander.
- You can use dried beans for this.
- Just make sure you soak them overnight before using.
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Begin browning your ground beef in a medium pan over medium heat.
- Add in diced onion and garlic.
- Cook beef until brown and crumbled and onion is translucent.
- Drain excess fat from cooked ground beef.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef mixture, cans of baked beans, rinsed pinto and
- northern beans, crumbled bacon, ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, salt and dry mustard.
- Stir well.
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour in your bean mixture.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for about 45 minutes.
- Then remove foil and bake for additional 5-10 minutes.