1/2-1 pound ground beef (depending on how meaty you like it)
1 cup onion, diced
1/2 lb. bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
3 (16 oz.) cans baked beans in sauce, do not drain
2 (16 oz.) cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed
2 (16 oz.) cans northern beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup packed brown sugar (light or dark)
2 tsp. white vinegar
1 tsp. table salt
1 tsp. dry mustard powder
Pour in your bean mixture
Cover with aluminum foil and bake for about 45 minutes. Then remove foil and bake for additional 10 minutes.
Cowboy Calico Baked Beans
- ½-1 pound ground beef depending on how meaty you want it
- 1 small onion diced
- 1/2 lb . bacon crisply cooked and crumbled
- 3 oz cans Baked Beans in sauce do not drain, 16 .
- 2 oz cans Pinto Beans drained and rinsed, 16 .
- 1 oz can Northern Beans drained and rinsed, 16 .
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar light or dark
- 2 tsp . white vinegar
- 1 tsp . table salt
- 1 tsp . dry mustard powder
- If you haven't done so already, rinse your pinto and northern beans using a colander.
- You can use dried beans for this.
- Just make sure you soak them overnight before using.
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Begin browning your ground beef in a medium pan over medium heat.
- Add in diced onion and garlic.
- Cook beef until brown and crumbled and onion is translucent.
- Drain excess fat from cooked ground beef.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef mixture, cans of baked beans, rinsed pinto and
- northern beans, crumbled bacon, ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, salt and dry mustard.
- Stir well.
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour in your bean mixture.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for about 45 minutes.
- Then remove foil and bake for additional 5-10 minutes.