Easy, festive, family-favorite
Cinnamon Christmas Tree OrnamentsPrint Pin Rate
- 1 cup ground cinnamon plus extra for rolling out dough
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp. ground cloves
- Also needed: Christmas cookie cutters, a drinking straw, ribbon or twine
- Preheat oven to 200f degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients.
- Mix well until combined and a dough begins to form.
- Sprinkle your counter (or a large sheet of parchment paper) with extra cinnamon to avoid batter from sticking when you roll the dough out.
- Place dough mixture onto the surface and knead the dough, then roll it into a ball.
- Roll the dough flat, about 1/4 inch thick.
- Using your favorite Christmas cookie cutters, cut out cinnamon shapes.
- Lay them onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Using a drinking straw, poke a hole in the ornament where you want the string to go through. Leave a little bit of space as a buffer so the ornament does not break at the top.
- Bake in the oven for 2 hours. Let the ornament cool, add some ribbon or twine to your ornament and hang for some amazing smelling ornaments.
- Makes 4-6 ornaments (depending on how large your cookie cutters are)