CROCK POT CHEESY CHICKEN AND RICE
How many of y’all grew up with Chicken and Rice? I think most countries and cultures have some sort of variation of a chicken and rice recipe. It is comfort food that is filling and makes your belly happy. This recipe for Crock Pot Cheesy Chicken and Rice that I am sharing with you today is a slight variation of one from my childhood.
VIDEO INCLUDED BELOW
WHAT CAN I SERVE WITH CHICKEN AND RICE?
This Crock Pot Cheesy Chicken and rice is a very simple and affordable meal (which we love!) that easily feeds a family of four! It’s comfort food at it’s finest. Serve with a salad and a side dish of your favorite veggie like GREEN BEANS or MAPLE GLAZED CARROTS!
STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE CROCK POT CHEESY CHICKEN AND RICE:
Stir well to combine.
Spray a 5-quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Put chicken breasts in the bottom of the slow cooker. Season with Lemon & Pepper Seasoning and salt and pepper. This adds a lot of flavor to the chicken (without being overpowering). It is not overly lemon-y like you might think. If you’ve never used it before, give it a try. This is a great all-purpose seasoning. It is so good on steaks too!
Pour soup mixture over chicken breasts.
Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours. For extra cheesiness, try adding some shredded cheddar cheese during the last 15 minutes of cooking. Put the lid back on and allow it to melt.
Crockpot Cheesy Chicken and Rice
- 1 10 oz can cream of chicken soup
- 1 10 oz can cheddar cheese soup
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1/2 tbsp lemon pepper seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- shredded cheese for topping, optional
- In a medium bowl, combine cream of chicken soup, cheddar cheese soup, water, diced onion and rice.
- Stir well to combine.
- Spray your slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Put chicken breasts in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Season with Lemon & Pepper Seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Pour soup mixture over chicken breasts.
- Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours.
- Sprinkle additional shredded cheese on top and cover for an additional 5-10 minutes until cheese is melted. Then serve!