Caramel Brownie Cake
1 box fudge brownie mix (family size for a 9×13 baking dish)
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable Oil
3 large eggs
1 jar caramel topping, divided use
1 (8 oz.) tub frozen whipped topping (COOL WHIP), thawed
1/2 cup finely chopped peanuts
maraschino cherries, well drained (optional)
Easy Caramel Brownie Cake
- 1 box fudge brownie mix family size for 9x13 baking dish
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 jar caramel topping divided use
- 1 8 oz tub frozen whipped topping (COOL WHIP) thawed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped peanuts
- maraschino cherries well drained
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine brownie mix, water, oil and eggs in large bowl.
- (Basically, you are making the brownies according to the directions on the back of the box for cake-like brownies).
- Spread batter into baking dish.
- Bake 28 to 30 minutes.
- When brownie cake comes out of the oven (while still warm), poke holes, about 2-inches apart, in warm brownie with the handle of a wooden spoon.
- Set aside 1/4 cup of the caramel topping.
- Pour the rest of the caramel topping over the warm cake.
- Making sure to get it into the holes as best you can.
- Use a spoon if you need help spreading it out.
- Pop brownie cake into the fridge and allow it to finish cooling completely.
- When ready add 1/4 cup reserved caramel topping into whipped topping.
- Stir well.
- Put all of caramel whipped topping onto the brownie cake.
- Spread evenly.
- Sprinkle with peanuts.
- Top each piece with a maraschino cherry just before serving.