1 (21 oz.) can apple pie filling
2 eggs, beaten
1 (12 oz.) jar caramel ice cream topping, divided use
2 tsp. ground cinnamon (optional, see Cook’s notes below)
Remove cake from oven and pour remaining caramel topping over warm cake.
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 21 oz can apple pie filling
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 12 oz jar caramel ice cream topping divided use
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray (I like the kind that has flour in it).
- In a medium bowl, combine dry cake mix, pie filling, beaten eggs and 1/4 cup caramel topping.
- If using an electric or stand mixer, mix on low speed for one to 2 minutes.
- If you want larger pieces of apple in your cake, be careful not to mix too vigorously or the apples will break up fairly small.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish. Batter will be thick.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes.
- Keep in mind oven times do vary but your cake should be golden and bounce back to the touch.
- Remove cake from oven and pour remaining caramel topping over warm cake.
- Some of the caramel topping will go over the sides as you spread it out.
- Don't worry. All of it is just going to add to the moistness of this cake.
- The warm cake is going to absorb most of the sauce as it begins to cool.
Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
This cake is so yummy served warm (but is great at room temperature too).
We would reheat individual slices for a few seconds in the microwave.