These BLT Bites are tomatoes stuffed with bacon, lettuce in a creamy filling. It tastes just like your favorite BLT in a delicious, low carb appetizer!
LOW CARB BLT BITES
WHAT ABOUT MAKING A BLT DIP?
VIDEO INCLUDED BELOW:
HOW TO MAKE LOW CARB BLT BITES:
Originally published: October 2011
Updated and Republished: May 2019
- 16 cherry (cocktail) tomatoes
- ½ pound bacon cooked and crumbled
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup minced green onions white and green parts
- 3 tbsp minced romaine lettuce
- Cut a thin slice off the bottom end (not the stem end) of each tomato, and scoop out and discard the pulp.
- Drain the tomatoes, cut side down, on paper towels for 10 minutes.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
- Stir gently to mix well.
- Spoon this mixture into the tomatoes.
- Refrigerate, covered, for about an hour, but not overnight.
Refrigerate, covered, for at least one hour, but not overnight. Also, these are not an appetizer that can be made the evening before.