This Blackberry Bubble Up is a dessert made with refrigerated blueberry biscuits, fresh blackberries and sweetened cream cheese.
BLACKBERRY BUBBLE UP DESSERT
I gotta tell ya, I love to cook and bake with refrigerated biscuits. They taste good by themselves of course, but there is so much more you can create with them. Just like cake mixes. Pillsbury has a line of sweet biscuits now (besides the cinnamon rolls) and one of them is blueberry biscuits. These are really, really good. If I'm just making the biscuits, I'll make up a little powdered sugar glaze and drizzle it on top. Oh my word, y'all! So good!
I love to make "Bubble Up" casseroles using biscuits. Bubble Up Pizza & Bubble Up Lasagna are my favorites! The name comes from the biscuits "bubbling up" during cooking. So I figured, why not a sweet version of the "bubble up" casserole? You can use any berry your heart desires. This Blackberry Bubble Up recipe from Pillsbury is not overly sweet at all. It's more like a Berries & Cream dessert. You could certainly make a powdered sugar glaze to drizzle on top when it's finished if you want it a tad sweeter.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
Pillsbury™ Grands!™ blueberry biscuits*
blackberries (or blueberries)
HOW TO MAKE BLACKBERRY BUBBLE UP:
Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray a 9"x13" baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Cut up cream cheese into cubes. Put cut cream cheese into a large microwave safe bowl.Top with powdered sugar.
Microwave in 30 second intervals (stirring after each time) until cream cheese mixture is smooth. Slowly stir in milk.Then gently stir in fresh blackberries.
CRAVING MORE RECIPES? GIVE THESE A TRY!
Blackberry Bubble Up
- 1 (8 oz) block cream cheese
- 1 ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 (16.3 oz) can Pillsbury™ Grands!™ blueberry biscuits*
- 2 cups fresh blackberries (or blueberries)
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Spray a 9" x 13" baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- First, cut up cream cheese into cubes.
- Put cut cream cheese into a large microwave safe bowl.
- Top with powdered sugar.
- Microwave in 30 second intervals (stirring after each time) until cream cheese mixture is smooth.
- Slowly stir in milk.
- Then very gently stir in fresh blackberries.
- Cut blueberry biscuits into eighths.
- Then gently stir in cut biscuits to cream cheese mixture.
- Spread mixture into baking dish.
- Bake for about 32-36 minutes.
- Biscuits should be golden brown and not "doughy".