Banana Cake with Vanilla Frosting
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 4 medium ripe bananas mashed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped walnuts optional
- 4 tablespoons butter softened
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375F degrees.
Spray 13 x 9 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, cream together sugar, sour cream, egg, and melted butter. Add mashed bananas and vanilla extract.
- Add flour, salt, and baking soda; mix well.
- Pour into greased pan.
Bake for 25-35 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- Cream butter and confectioner's sugar together until smooth.
- Slowly add the heavy cream; stir until smooth.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Spread on cooled cake.
The frosting really is optional in this. This cake is so moist and is plenty sweet all by itself. It will be more like a snack cake without the frosting.