Add butter to the pot. Butter helps reduce foaming when making jams/jellies.
Press “jelly” button. The cook time will automatically default to 25 minutes.
Then press enter.
Note: For directions on how to make this without the jam and jelly maker, please see the printable recipe below.
Apple Pie Jelly
- 3 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 4 tbsp . pectin
- 1 tsp . butter
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 1/3 cups light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp . ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp . ground nutmeg
- Put apple juice in a medium bowl.
- Slowly whisk in pectin to the apple juice.
- The pectin should dissolve into the apple juice.
- This is really important to ensure your jelly sets up.
- Pour juice mixture into the pot of the jam maker.
- Add butter.
- Butter helps reduce foaming when making jams/jellies.
- Press "jelly" button.
- The cook time will automatically default to 25 minutes.
- Press enter.
- Wait 4 minutes for jam maker to sound 4 short beeps indicating that it is time to add sugar.
- Whisk in white sugar and brown sugar (breaking up as many clumps as you can) while the stirrer is still running.
- The appliance will continue to automatically stir your ingredients while it cooks.
- Stay within earshot of the Jam & Jelly Maker.
- The appliance will beep again at the end of the process signaling jelly cooking is complete.
- Press cancel and unplug the appliance.
- Your jelly is ready to preserve, freeze or refrigerate.
Recipe NotesI did whisk the mixture about 2 minutes before cooking was complete just to get rid of a few clumps of sugar. This is probably because of the brown sugar in this recipe and that tends to get clumpy easily.