The Best 7-Up Cake is a moist lemon cake that is made with a jazzed up boxed cake mix and topped with a delicious lemon icing drizzle.
A DELICIOUS LEMON-LIME CAKE!
Recently I shared my recipe for DOUBLE FUDGE COCA-COLA CAKE and then I realized, I couldn't share the Coca-Cola Cake without also sharing the 7-Up Cake. The 7-Up Cake is similar to the Coke Cake in that you don't really taste the soda as a separate ingredient. It adds flavor and makes it super moist. You could eat this bundt cake without any icing, it is just so incredibly flavorful and moist but I think the slightly tart icing gives the sweet cake a nice pop of flavor.
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS BUNDT CAKE:
- Lemon cake mix can be substituted for the yellow cake mix for a more lemon-y flavor.
- This can be made in a 9X13 baking dish if you don't have a bundt pan.
- Bundt pans need to be greased really well. I like to use the Baker's Joy spray. It is a nonstick baking spray that has flour in it. It helps release bundt cakes so easily from the pan!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- yellow cake mix
- instant lemon pudding
- 7 Up (or similar lemon lime soda)
- vegetable oil
- powdered sugar
- lemon juice
HOW TO MAKE 7UP CAKE:
Preheat oven to 325F degrees. Spray a 10-inch bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray. I like to use the spray that has flour in it, it's called Baker's Joy and it works the best for Bundt cakes. In a medium bowl, combine all the cake ingredients. Mix until thoroughly combined.
Pour batter into bundt pan.
Bake for about 35-45 minutes (until inserted toothpick or fork comes out clean.) Allow to cool completely, then remove from bundt pan.
Start preparing icing. If you're using a fresh lemon, you might like to zest a bit of the lemon for more flavor. That step is totally optional. In a small bowl, combine sugar and lemon juice.
Add milk in slowly until you've reached desired consistency. You may want your icing a bit thicker or more like a glaze.
This icing is nice and tangy and brings a nice balance of flavor alongside the sweet cake. Pour icing over cake.
Slice and serve!
CRAVING MORE RECIPES?
The Best 7-Up Cake (+Video)
- 15.25 ounce box yellow cake mix
- 4 ounce small box instant lemon pudding
- ¾ cups 7-Up soda or similar lemon lime soda
- 4 large eggs
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-2 Tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees. Spray 10-inch bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray (that has flour in it) or grease and flour bundt pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine all the cake ingredients (cake mix, pudding, 7up, eggs and oil).
- Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Pour batter into bundt pan.
- Bake for about 35-45 minutes (until inserted toothpick or fork comes out clean). Allow to cool completely, then remove from bundt pan.
- Start preparing icing. In a small bowl, combine sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Add milk in slowly until you've reached desired consistency.
- Pour icing over cake and serve.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.
Originally published: January 2012
Updated & republished: August 2020