1/4 teaspoon sugar
Place jalapeno and onion in the food processor.
Process it for a few seconds. .
Add in the rest of the ingredients.
Process all ingredients for just a few more seconds, keeping it slightly chunky (not a puree).
Restaurant Style Salsa
- 1 can tomatoes and green chiles 15oz., Rotel
- 1 oz can whole peeled tomatoes 15, don't drain juices
- 1/2 jalapeno cut into chunks
- 1/2 yellow onion cut into chunks
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- This is easiest in a food processor but you can use a blender too.
- Place jalapeno and onion into food processor.
- Process it for a few seconds.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and process all ingredients for just a few more seconds, keeping it slightly chunky (not a puree).
- Put into a bowl with a lid (I like to use my mason jars) and chill in the fridge for several hours (overnight is even better).