Impressive looking but SO easy!
Yep, this Pumpkin Pineapple Upside Down Cake looks like a show-stopping dessert but it costs only a few bucks! It will look like you spent a lot of time and energy preparing this cause it looks so pretty and everyone will oooh and aaahhh over it! No one needs to know you took a shortcut with some Martha White muffin mix. The combination of lightly spiced pumpkin and sweet pineapple turned out to be a surprising HIT. I almost think it is even better than the traditional pineapple upside down cake! Only 5 ingredients, y’all! Psst: Don’t forget to check out the Martha White giveaway at the bottom of this post!
Host a watch party
Did y’all know the CMA Awards are airing soon? It’ll be on ABC on Nov. 2nd at 8pm (EST) and the Country Music Association is celebrating 50 years of country music!
This would be a good time to invite some friends over and hang out and have a little watch party. You could cook up some chili and Martha White southern cornbread and serve this little beauty for dessert. It’s a good excuse to have some friends over during the week! Make sure you scroll to the end to get some more fun ideas for our Martha White and CMA Awards watch party round-up!
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1 (20 oz.) can pineapple slices (drain well)
1 small jar maraschino cherries
2 packets Martha White Pumpkin Spice Muffin Mix
1 1/2 cups milk
Preheat oven to 425f degrees. Spray a 9-inch round baking dish with no-stick cooking spray (spray really well!)
Sprinkle 1/2 cup brown sugar into the bottom of the baking dish.
Layer 7 pineapple slices on top of the brown sugar layer.
Place one maraschino cherry into the center of each pineapple slice.
In a bowl, combine both packets of muffin mix with milk. Stir together well.
Then pour muffin batter on top of pineapple layer.
Bake for about 25-30 minutes (until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.) Allow to cool completely before inverting the pan onto a large serving plate.
Will ya look at that sweet brown sugar glaze dripping of the side? Ooooh mercy!
Be sure to check out the other Martha White CMA Awards Watch Party recipes!
Chocolate Chip Muffin Waffle Sundaes ~ Mommy’s Kitchen
Cornbread Crusted Ranch Chicken Bites ~ Southern Bite
Country Cornbread Sliders ~ Southern Plate
Red Carpet Sweet Potato Cupcakes ~ Southern Pantry
Sweet Maple Cornbread ~ Plain Chicken
Chocolate Chip Muffin Crumb Bars ~ I Wash You Dry
Pumpkin Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 20 oz can pineapple slices drain well
- 1 small jar maraschino cherries
- 2 packets Martha White Pumpkin Spice Muffin Mix
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- Preheat oven to 425f degrees.
- Spray a 9-inch round baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup brown sugar into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Layer 7 pineapple slices on top of the brown sugar layer.
- Place one maraschino cherry into the center of each pineapple slice.
- In a bowl, combine both packets of muffin mix with milk. Stir together well.
- Then pour muffin batter on top of pineapple layer.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes (until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.)
- Allow to cool completely before inverting the pan onto a large serving plate.
- Slice and serve!